Job title: Bilingual Ad Content Developer, Marketing – Lakeland
Expected salary: $43784 – 61048 per year
Location: Lakeland, FL
Bilingual Ad Content Developer, Marketing – Lakeland Job Details:
The Bilingual Ad Content Developer uses expert bilingual skills to produce accurate and time sensitive content in English and Spanish for weekly circulars, newspaper ads, flyers, online ads, digital coupons, and in-store signs. In addition, this position collaborates with business partners to determine market needs, conducts research, and ensures product description consistency while developing content that meets Publix brand standards. The development of this ad content is critical in helping Publix reach a wider customer base and supports Marketing advertising objectives and on-time ad and campaign delivery, which ultimately helps increase retail sales.
Additional responsibilities include:
developing advertising and store signage content in two languages (English and Spanish) for corporate and divisional advertising including weekly circular ads, newspaper ads, flyers, online ads, digital coupons, and in-store signs
identifying errors in the production of the weekly ad before it goes to the market incorrectly
analyzing and verifying products to be featured in the ad by researching and comparing information on product and manufacturing websites, physical product label, and/or images of the product housed in the Digital Asset Management System
applying product information gathered from Publix Promotional Management System (PPMS) and research sources, considering character limits and Publix Brand standards, and consulting with Buyers to insert new and accurate existing package label descriptions in IT21 for the products that will be featured in the Weekly Ad and store product signage
collaborating and negotiating with business partners to resolve issues with the information provided in Publix Promotion Management System (e.g., item descriptions over character count limits and discrepancies between information on package and copy instructions) and to obtain updated or missing information. This can include directing Buying Support to change or enter items, requesting information from divisional offices and advising the Ad Production Artists and Project Managers of the proper content to execute the ad.
Hours of Work
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Frequency of Pay
Minimum Base Pay
Your application may have additional steps that you will need to complete in order to remain eligible for consideration. Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, on a daily basis for critical, time-sensitive emails that could require action within 24-48 hours.
Please do not use your Publix email address when applying. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
In Publix’s corporate offices, we value in-person interactions, similar to those our store associates have with customers. Many of Publix’s corporate offices offer work from home up to two days a week. Each business area implements their policy differently and should be discussed during interviews.
Year End Bonus
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in November. In the first year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to 15 hours of pay, and in the second year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to one week’s pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to two weeks’ pay.
Maximum Base Pay
- Associate’s degree in Language, Communications, Marketing, Business, or related field or equivalent experience
- 1 year of experience writing and editing documents as a technical writer, translator, proofreader, or similar position
- 2 years of experience performing English to Spanish translations
- extensive and expert knowledge of various dialects and cultural nuances
- ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- strong verbal, written and bilingual communication skills – fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English and Spanish
- teamwork, collaboration, persuasion/negotiation skills
- ability to be flexible and adaptable and work independently and be self-motivated
- problem-solving skills
- intermediate skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and Outlook)
- Bachelor’s degree in Language, Communications, Marketing, Business, or related field
- 2 years of experience writing and editing documents as a technical writer, translator, proofreader, or similar position
- 3 years of experience performing English to Spanish translations
- experience working in a retail organization
- knowledge of Publix brand standards, marketing objectives, and positioning statements
- advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and Outlook)
- advanced knowledge of Publix Promotion Management System (PPMS) and Host IT21
Potential Annual Base Pay
43,784 – 61,048
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day)