Job Position: Assistant Camp Coordinator – Sport/Aquatics (Summer Employment)
Company: City of Kitchener
Expected salary: $20.55 – 21.37 per hour
Location: Kitchener, ON
Assistant Camp Coordinator – Sport/Aquatics (Summer Employment) Job Details:
Assistant Camp Coordinator – Sport/Aquatics (Summer Employment)
(Temporary Full Time for approximately 3 months)
December 19, 2023
January 31, 2024 (at 6:00pm)
The City of Kitchener is a vibrant and dynamic city of approximately 270,000, in the heart of southwestern Ontario. As the largest municipality in Waterloo Region, Kitchener continues to be poised for development and growth, enhancing its reputation as a leader in city-building and innovation, with nationally recognized strategies to build its neighbourhoods, its digital infrastructure and its diverse economy.
The City of Kitchener is WHERE you want to work! Learn more about the top reasons to join us:
Assists with the planning, organizing, and implementation of camp programs for children.
The City of Kitchener offers the following day camps at our sport facilities:
Kiwanis Park: Kiwanis Park Outdoor Adventure Camp for ages 9-12 years old. This camp provides children with the opportunity to actively participate in outdoor activities, crafts as well as pool activities.
Grand River Arena: Little Movers Camp for children aged 4 (as of December 31, 2023)-6 years old and Active Kids for children aged 7-10 years old. Each camp provides children with the opportunity to participate in indoor and outdoor activities related to the topic of the camp, as well as pool activities.
Breithaupt Centre: Little Movers Camp for children aged 4 (as of December 31, 2023)-6 years old and Active Kids for children aged 7-10 years old. Each camp provides children with the opportunity to participate in indoor and outdoor activities related to the topic of the camp, as well as pool activities.
We will additionally be offering specialty camps at our sport facilities.
Each camp provides children with the opportunity to participate in indoor and outdoor activities related to the topic of the camp.
Employment Dates: May 27-August 30, 2024
Hours per week: 35 hours, Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm, 8:30am-4:30pm or 9:30am-5:30pm
- Statutory holidays will be observed on July 1 and August 5
- Please Note: ALL training in-person and online is required and mandatory to complete prior to start of program/camp.
Selection is based on a combination of application and interview.
- Assists with the planning, organizing, and implementation of camp programs for children.
- Acts as on-site contact to camp staff and ensures the delivery of safe, quality, and age appropriate programs in accordance with City guidelines.
- Ensures the safety and enjoyment of participants through communication, monitoring, and enforcement of program and facility rules, and addresses unsafe and unacceptable behavior; refers to supervisor as appropriate.
- Assists with the integration of volunteers, inclusion staff, and private inclusion support workers.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and parent concerns according to policies and procedures; refers to supervisor as appropriate.
- Communicates with participants and parents regarding camp activities/programs and participants behaviour.
- Assists participants with personal care (e.g., toileting, changing) as required.
- Provides first aid as required.
- Acts as back-up to Camp Leader as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum grade 12 diploma preferred.
- A minimum of two seasons with camp or related children’s programming experience preferred.
- Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age or over as of the first day of employment, unless otherwise specified.
- Valid CPR Level “C” and Standard First Aid Certificate
- Ability to provide a satisfactory Police Reference Check (Vulnerable Sector) issued after March 1 2024 upon conditional offer
- Employment is conditional upon; attendance at all training sessions, submission of required documentation/certification, adherence to the minimum age requirements and ability to meet the employment term.
- Access to reliable personal transportation to work is required
- Ability to participate in the pool programming in the water
- Must be reliable with a good attitude and employment record.
The City of Kitchener is committed to an equity-driven, inclusive, accessible, and barrier-free recruitment and selection process, and to ensuring our workforce reflects the full diversity of the community we serve. We welcome applications from Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ persons, as well as other equity deserving groups.
We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at , or 519-741-2200 ext. 7261 to make your needs known, so that we can support your full and equal participation throughout the hiring process.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants. Only candidates whose skills, experience and qualifications meet the requirements of the position will be contacted.
Please note that as per Human Resources Policy HUM-HIR-110, “Employment of Relatives of Staff Members and Elected Officials”:
“The immediate relatives of staff of the Human Resources Division, all Directors, General Managers, or the Chief Administrative Officer and Elected Officials shall not be employed by the City in any capacity.
The immediate relatives of all other Management personnel shall not be employed where such employment would be:
1. within the same Department in the case of permanent full-time, temporary full-time and part-time classifications.
2. within the same Division in the case of students.”
Number of Positions
Hours of Work
35 hours per week
$20.55 – $21.37 Hourly
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Assistant Camp Coordinator – Sport/Aquatics (Summer Employment) Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Assistant Camp Coordinator – Sport/Aquatics (Summer Employment) Vacancies in Canada.