Job title: Accounting Administrator
Company: Alta Science and Engineering
Location: Moscow, ID
Accounting Administrator Job Details:
Is the culture of a company important to you? Would you like to work for a progressive company dedicated to improving the environment and community infrastructure in the inland northwest?
Alta Science & Engineering, Inc. is currently accepting applications from qualified candidates for a part-time Accounting Administrator in our Moscow, Idaho office. The successful candidate will be well organized, highly motivated, and can prioritize their work effectively. The successful candidate must be an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and organized individual who can work well independently and as part of a diverse team. This position is up to 24-hours per week during regular office hours, (Monday – Friday).
General Summary and Responsibilities:
This position performs a range of accounting, bookkeeping, and general office support functions. Main duties for this position include:
- Accounts Payable tasks, including vendor management, ordering supplies, booking travel, processing, and paying vendor invoices.
- Accounts Receivable tasks, including processing client receipts, and client invoicing support.
- Timecard management.
- Assist with semi-monthly payroll activities.
- Work effectively and accurately in a multi-tasking environment, carrying out general office administrative and reception tasks.
- Provide general oversight, task direction, and some assistance to Clerical Assistant.
- Assist controller with month-end reconciling as needed.
- Work effectively and accurately in a multi-tasking environment, carrying out general office administrative and reception tasks as needed.
- Maintain discretion in handling confidential materials and information.
- Promote a positive image of the firm that aligns with Alta’s corporate culture.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism.
- Actively promote good Health and Safety practices at all times.
- Be positive, self-motivated, service, and team oriented.
- High School Diploma.
- Knowledge of accounting terminology and principles.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including appropriate business telephone and correspondence etiquette.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and other relevant software packages.
- Experience with word processing, filing, reception, and summarizing data for reports.
- Valid driver’s license with insurable driving record.
- 2 years or more of accounting support or related educational experience, preferably in a professional consulting environment.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in office management, business, communication or applicable field.
- Strong technical skills with office technology, computers, printers, etc.
- Experience maintaining electronic and paper-based filing systems.
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office Software packages.
- Experience with Deltek or Axium Ajera software platforms.
Pay rate is $17-20 per hour depending on experience and abilities.
Apply for the job now!