Job title: Accountant
Company: BERKHEIMER BUSINESS SERVICES LLC
Location: Pen Argyl, PA
Accountant Job Details:
Berkheimer Business Services provides financial, accounting, compliance auditing, planning and analysis to our internal customers. We are currently seeking a well-organized, motivated individual to join our team as an Accountant in our Pen Argyl, PA office!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Accountant will be responsible for the preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual financial reports, perform reconciliations, and resolve accounting issues for external and internal clients. The successful candidate is analytical and uses logical thinking in a busy accounting department, while maintaining high levels of organization and accuracy. Additional responsibilities include:
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations, monthly/quarterly payroll tax and sales/use tax reports
- Produce documentation for General Ledger reconciliations, and address irregularities or potential problem areas
- Administer access and maintain internal accounting systems, and address inquiries/issues from internal clients regarding those systems
- Correspond (via telephone and email) with employees, clients, and vendors as needed
- Compile data and assist in documentation of transactions, business processes, etc.
- Consistently meet deadlines and maintain confidentiality of all accounting/payroll information in a professional and business-like manner
LOCATION + SCHEDULE
- On-site in our Pen Argyl, PA office
- Once released from initial training period (~4 months), hybrid (office/remote) work environment is available as business needs dictate and if performance is maintained
- Full-time Schedule
- Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 4 PM
- No weekends!
PAY + BENEFITS
- Salary: $19 – $24/hour, commensurate with experience
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, Personal & Sick time
- 401(k) Profit Sharing
- Basic Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Travel Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long Term Disability
- Preparation of Wills
- Optional pet insurance
Berkheimer Business Services is an equal opportunity employer and offers a friendly work environment with great work/life balance. All positions are subject to a successful background check, including professional references.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or equivalent from a four-year college.
- Minimum 0-3 year(s) related experience and/or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness
- Computer literacy, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks or a comparable accounting system
Apply for the job now!