Job Position: Warehouse
Expected salary: $23 per hour
Location: Vancouver, BC
Warehouse Job Details:
Permanent, Full-time, Hourly
February 17, 2024
$23 per hour
Sysco connects the world to share food and care for one another. Sysco leads from the heart of food and service to deliver the freshest of foods and ideas to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. Our customers can count on us to deliver on-point products and solutions since only Sysco is the global leader, sitting at the heart of innovation supply, delivery, culinary and more.
With over 57,000 colleagues and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations. For fiscal 2022 that ended July 2, 2022, the company generated sales of more than $68 billion USD. Sysco has 27 Specialty Meat and Seafood operating companies across Canada and United States that focus on meat and seafood production and distribution.
Sysco, one of Canada’s Best Employers 2023, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We offer our colleagues the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations.
Sysco is more than just a place to work. Our passion for food and our customers has made us the industry leader. To remain on top, we will continue to think bigger, work harder and never give up. Are you ready to drive success?
For more information, visit or follow us @SyscoCanada at ; or
For a full list of opportunities, visit
The purpose of this job is to ensure all customer orders are accurately selected and shipped as per customer requirements.
- Ensures the accurate, timely and efficient selection of all Customer orders and all orders that are delivered by outside transport.
- Order Picking and Put away product
- Maintaining FIFO practices for all warehouse functions.
- Scanning and validating box count
- Scanning return product back into stock
- Load/Unload trucks
- Rebox/Small box
- Segregating and tagging customer orders
- Supporting Inventory Control
- Skid Maintenance/Slotting
- Transfer of product throughout all Operations/Warehouse
- Support defrosting operation as needed
- Product Selection for Production (pull)
- Cross training of functions as required
- Provide excellent customer service
- Assisting on cardboard bailing.
- Maintain efficiencies and proper documentation as required.
- Comply with Warehouse best practices (below)
- Housekeeping – maintain overall cleanliness of plant environment
- Comply with all safety rules and adherence to all Company Health and Safety policies, OHSA. Achieve if required the necessary certifications for a pallet jack /walkie operator.
- Comply with all food safety and HACCP regulations
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications/Skills/Job Requirements (About you):
- Post-Secondary Education or higher
- 3 Years work experience in a warehouse / distribution role, preferably in the Food Service Industry
- Forklift Certified – Reach/Walkie, reverse steer preferred
- Experience with use of scanners/inventory systems
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Must be able to work in a cold/freezer environment, be exposed to dust, fumes, odors, extreme lighting, and raw meat including pork, poultry and seafood
- Time Management – Uses time and resources efficiently to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Quality Orientation – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness on all aspects of the job; looks for ways to improve and promote quality, attentive to detail
- Able to problem solve in a timely manner
- Capable of working autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team
- Customer Service skills
- Basic computer proficiency (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) / general office equipment use
- Basic math skills
- Physically able to lift (50 to 70 + lbs.), reach, climb, stand, walk, bend, twist, stoop, squat, repetitively for the duration of the shift
- Trained in WHMIS, Health and Safety, Food Safety, HACCP
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now.
External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Connecting the world to share food and care for one another
Delivering success for our customers through industry-leading people, products and solutions
Together we define our future of foodservice and supply chain
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco colleagues enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Voluntary Optional Insurance • Parental Leave Plan • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP & TFSA • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Maple Virtual Care • Unlimited on-line learning • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts • Associate Resource Groups
(*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)