Job Position: Warehouse Co-worker (Forklift Driver)
Location: Sydney, NSW – Tempe, NSW
Warehouse Co-worker (Forklift Driver) Job Details:
Warehouse Co-worker (Forklift Driver)
“You care about making a positive impact in the world. You understand greatness requires thinking differently. An inclusive and accepting work environment is important to you.
A job at IKEA is so much more than home furnishings. Together, we work to make a better everyday life for the many. It’s the perfect fit if you want to contribute, grow, and share. Join the team and start a better life for yourself.”
Logistics & Supply Chain
You already applied for this job.
Candidate profile (title) Our team within IKEA
Candidate profile (text) – Default language At IKEA, our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We believe that everything we do comes with the responsibility to create a positive impact on people, society and the planet. We are passionate about home furnishing, creating a positive life at home and sharing our tasty responsibly sourced food with the many people across the world.
We are guided by our cultures & values, creating a great place to work.
We stand for equality, diversity and inclusion.
We care about people & planet and promote health & wellbeing.
We nurture your development and provide career opportunities to unlock your potential.
Key responsibilities (title) What you need to know
Key responsibilities (text) Working at IKEA has its benefits and rewards:
- $26.36 base hourly pay rate
- Above award rates and penalty rates (including Sunday and Public Holidays)
- 5 weeks’ Paid Annual Leave, Paid Parental Leave, Family & Community Leave and much more
- 24/7 access to our Employee Assistance Program for health and wellbeing support
- 15% Co-worker discount
- Low-cost nutritious meals including complimentary drinks in our Co-worker restaurant
- Co-worker uniform provided
- Free Co-worker parking
- Digital Entertainment membership (thousands of discounts for dining, fun activities, shopping and travel across Australia & New Zealand)
- Bonus programme (where eligible)
- Co-worker Loyalty programme (extra contribution to your superannuation fund where eligible)
- This role is permanent part time, 60hrs/fortnight.
- The internal job title for this role is Good Flow Co-worker.
- As our store operates 7 days per week, you must have the availability to work a rotating roster with availability starting at 2am. You also have the availability to work 3 out of 4 weekends in a month (both Saturday and Sunday).
- If you are successful for this role, you will be required to attend a 2-day Welcome programme.
- An existing forklift licence is required for this position.
Team vision ( title) About this work area
Team vision (text) As a Goods Flow Co-worker your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Picking, packing, and checking of products in line with in-store and/or online customer orders within set KPIs.
- Replenishing your assigned area to ensure it is fully stocked and available for customers.
- Using inventory systems to ensure stock availability is as accurate as possible.
- Ensuring IKEA Standard Operating Procedure rules and guidelines are followed throughout the process to ensure the safety of both customers and colleagues.
Let’s connect Who you are
Let´s connect As a Goods Flow Co-worker you are:
- Passionate to contribute to an optimal logistics operation and embody a ‘Togetherness’ mindset where you’ll work closely with your team and other departments yet also be able to work independently.
- Able to demonstrate a strong customer focus, ensuring we keep the customer in mind no matter what we do.
- Able to prioritise tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Energetic and comfortable with physical work and manual handling, including repetitive lifting and adopt a safety-first mindset.
Local section (title) We need people like you
Local section (text) At IKEA, work is so much more than a job. Come join us!
Why you will love us
From the deep forests in Sweden, we have spread our culture and values around the world. At the heart of our offer are our beautiful home-furnishing products and solutions, made with care for our planet, reaching millions of customers.
At the heart of our business, are our wonderful co-workers representing diversity in all dimensions and passionate for life at home. We all contribute with our uniqueness and we want to grow and develop together.
Our vision, “to create a better everyday life for the many people” inspires and guides us in everything we do. This is IKEA.
What we all have in common
- Living our values
- Being your unique self, while respecting and including others
- A passion for home furnishing
- Performing & delivering while learning & developing
- Having fun!