Job Position: Underground Electrician
Company: Alamos Gold
Location: Davidson, SK
Underground Electrician Job Details:
Alamos Gold Inc. Young-Davidson is currently recruiting the following challenging position to join our maintenance team:
Alamos Gold’s Young-Davidson is a low-cost, long-life operation and one of Canada’s largest underground gold mines. It is located near the town of Matachewan centrally located between Timmins, Kirkland Lake, North Bay and Sudbury, Ontario. The recent completion of a highly automated lower mine expansion has resulted in Young-Davidson increasing production as well as strong free cash flow generation. With a large Mineral Reserve base, it will serve as Alamos’ foundation for growth for many years to come. This is a very exciting time at Young-Davidson, and we are searching for highly motivated and committed people to join our team!
If you are willing to be part of a team that is dedicated to growth, high performance and a culture of safety and accountability, we would like to hear from you!
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all electrical equipment and systems are operated and maintained in a safe and effective manner.
- Repair and maintain mine equipment in compliance with workplace safety rules;
- Read, understand and interpret prints;
- Maintain electrical systems underground;
- Install, set up and maintain underground substations and pump stations;
- Inspect equipment for proper performance and determine faults and malfunctions;
- Adjust equipment and repair/replace defective part components; and
- Other duties assigned by the Electrical Supervisor as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Holder of Provincial Electrician Journeyman Trade Certificate License preferred but consideration will be given to 4th and 5th year apprentices;
- Previous experience in trouble shooting electrical equipment and installations;
- Knowledgeable in the interpretation of electrical schematics and prints;
- Previous experience in the installation and maintenance of electrical equipment in mining operations would be an asset;
- Strong safety focus; and
- Self-motivated ability to work alone and in a team environment.
Schedule: 5,4,4,5 rotating schedule