Job Position: Social Worker Grade 2 – Child and Family
Company: Monash Health
Social Worker Grade 2 – Child and Family Job Details:
Reference Number 64700
Position Title Social Worker Grade 2 – Child and Family Program
Employment Type Full Time Ongoing
Entity Monash Health
Department Child and Family Program
Location Various Facilities
- Enjoy making a difference using a child and family focused approach
- Join a supportive, experienced multidisciplinary team
- Work in a collaborative way within allied health team
Working in Healthcare has never been more important or meaningful.
The Child and Family Program including Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies (HMHB) is comprised of numerous disciplines that focus on assessment and child and family focused care. The program consists of Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists, Dieticians, Podiatrists, Psychologists, Physiotherapists, Exercise Physiologist, Social Workers, Community Development Workers and Family Support Workers. The team is committed to working with communities, families and individuals who have poor health outcomes and to providing high quality, multidisciplinary programs which embrace child and family-centered practice, evidence-based practice, and the Social Model of Health.
This is an exciting opportunity for a social worker to work in a large and vibrant multidisciplinary paediatric allied health team in a community setting. The role offers rewarding learning and development opportunities and regular clinical supervision. There is scope for other activities such as quality improvement projects.
A Day in the Life
We are seeking an experienced Grade 2 Social Worker to join our dynamic team, to work in a position that is flexible, mobile and responsive to family needs. The Social Work clinicians work across the City of Greater Dandenong, City of Casey and Cardinia Shire within the child and family focused multidisciplinary allied health team. This position will be predominantly based at Springvale and Cranbourne, and some travel across sites will be required.
The Grade 2 social worker will use specialised knowledge of theories and evidence to assist patients/consumers, families and/or carers/significant others with psychosocial support and advocacy through psychosocial assessment, intervention, counselling, discharge planning, information provision and facilitates access to community services.
To see first-hand what our team of Social Workers think about working at Monash Health, please take a look at the following short video: and please check out our You Tube link.
- Minimum of three years experience (at least one in paediatrics)
- Able to work independently to provide services to children, families and other stakeholders
- Experience and training relevant to the role
- Ability to work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team
- Attitude of lifelong learning
- Values align with iCARE values (integrity, compassion, accountability, respect, excellence)
What you need:
- Bachelor of Social Work or Masters Social Work Qualifying OR Masters of Social Work, OR equivalent as assessed and approved by the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
- Eligible for ordinary membership of AASW (
) * Written evidence of eligibility for AASW membership for overseas qualifications is required.
- Completion of a post graduate qualification in relevant field or working towards
- Current Drivers Licence without restrictions
- vibrant, supportive team environment
- opportunities for learning, growth and development
- focus on social model of health and service directed to vulnerable communities
For a confidential discussion and to explore the opportunity further, please call Fiona Moseley on 0414 329 461.
Monash Health is a great place to work!
Our employees enjoy a range of benefits including:
- salary packaging options that increase your take-home pay
- a comprehensive Health and Wellbeing program
- free vaccinations
- private health insurance at discounted rates
- health imaging services
- + more
Monash Health is Victoria’s largest public health service and proudly provides healthcare to one quarter of Melbourne’s population, across the entire lifespan from newborn and children, to adults, the elderly, their families and carers. More than 22,000 of us work at over 40 care locations across south-eastern Melbourne. Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
How To Apply
Applications are only accepted when submitted via the Monash Health online Mercury System (e-recruit). For information including how to apply and probity check requirements, please refer to the attached ‘Application Guide’ uploaded under Position Documents.
Please note: applications will be screened upon receipt and selection activity may commence prior to the closing date.
Contact Person Name Position Phone Email
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Social Worker Grade 2 – Child and Family Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Social Worker Grade 2 – Child and Family Vacancies in Australia.