Job Position: Smart Building System Technician- Fire Alarm – Panama City, FL
Location: Tyndall, MB – Florida
Smart Building System Technician- Fire Alarm – Panama City, FL Job Details:
Here at Siemens, we take pride in enabling sustainable progress through technology. We do this through empowering customers by combining the real and digital worlds. Improving how we live, work, and move today and for the next generation! We know that the only way a business thrives is if our people are thriving. That’s why we always put our people first. Our global, diverse team would be happy to support you and challenge you to grow in new ways. Who knows where our shared journey will take you?
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, adaptable, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve people’s lives.
Fire Alarm Systems Service Technicians play a crucial role in ensuring the safety and efficiency of our Smart Buildings. You will be responsible for the service and maintenance of commercial fire alarm systems. You will ensure that components are inspected, tested, operated, and maintained according to the operational requirements of the customer. In addition to your primary responsibilities, you will also act as a mentor, providing on-the-job training to less experienced technicians, fostering a culture of growth and knowledge-sharing within our team. Why is this so important? Our Fire Alarm Service Technicians are the face of Siemens, and your expertise and regular interaction with the customer will help keep their buildings and inhabitants safe.
Curious to see what a Fire Alarm Service Technician does on a day-to-day basis? CLICK HERE:
As a Fire Alarm Systems Service Technician, you will:
- Execute comprehensive testing and inspections for systems under maintenance agreements
- Create detailed test and inspection reports based on code requirements and customer needs
- Swiftly respond to, troubleshoot, and complete necessary repairs to maintain system functionality. Report on activities completed, deferred, or requiring further action or material
- Code Compliance: Identify code and non-conformance issues, ensuring adherence to required standards
- Quote small repair jobs and provide detailed parts and labor requirements to estimators and sales for large repair projects
- Plan work with mentor, Lead Technicians, and Supervisors to strategize tasks effectively
You will make an impact with these qualifications:
- 1+ years’ experience in the installation and/or maintenance of commercial fire alarm systems
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire; use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet; carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Must obtain NICET Fire Alarm Certification Level 2 within 12 months
- Legally authorized to work in the United States on a continual and permanent basis without company sponsorship
- Must be 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license with limited violations
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree in electronics or related field preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in the installation and/or maintenance of commercial fire alarm systems
- Ability to read/understand design and construction documents
You’ll benefit from:
- Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to our employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here:
- The pay range for this position is $40,000-$90,000 . The actual wage offered may be lower or higher depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, qualifications and premium geographic location.
Ready to create your own journey? Join us today and help create a better #TomorrowWithUs!
We are a global technology company focused on industry, infrastructure, transport, and healthcare. From more resource-efficient factories, resilient supply chains, and smarter buildings and grids, to sustainable transportation as well as advanced healthcare, we create technology with purpose adding real value for customers.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We value your unique identity and perspective. We are fully committed to providingequitable opportunities and building a workplace that reflects the diversity of society. Come bring your authentic self and create a better tomorrow with us. Learn more about our commitment to DEI .
Protecting the environment, conserving our natural resources, fostering the health and performance of our people as well as safeguarding their working conditions are core to our social and business commitment at Siemens. They are an integral part of our Business Conduct Guidelines and our corporate strategy.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click .
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Smart Building System Technician- Fire Alarm – Panama City, FL Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Smart Building System Technician- Fire Alarm – Panama City, FL Vacancies in Canada.