Job Position: Senior Manager, Regional Marketing
Company: TD Bank
Location: Montreal, QC
Senior Manager, Regional Marketing Job Details:
At TD we’re guided by our purpose is to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues, and share a set of values that shape our culture and guide our behavior. In exchange for how our colleagues show up to help TD succeed, we are committed to delivering a colleague experience grounded in Impact, Growth and a Culture of Care. No matter where you work across TD, we empower you to make an impact at work and in your community, explore and grow your career and be part of our caring and inclusive culture.
Making Your Well-being a Priority
A supportive culture that promotes colleague well-being is core to who we are. At TD, we focus on total well-being with extensive programs to help colleagues assess, manage, and improve their well-being across four core pillars – physical, financial, social and mental/emotional. In addition, we champion a safe and inclusive work environment so colleagues feel a sense of belonging and feel supported in their personal and professional growth. Through our focus on well-being, we know that we can help our colleagues thrive, contribute to our culture of care, and support better business outcomes, because when colleagues feel their best, they’re more likely to do their best.
Our Total Rewards Package
Our Total Rewards package reflects the investment we make in our colleagues to help them, and their families achieve their well-being goals. Total Rewards at TD includes a base salary, variable compensation, and several other key plans such as health and well-being benefits including medical, dental, vision & mental health coverage, savings and retirement programs, paid time off, banking benefits and discounts, career development, and reward and recognition programs.
How We Work
At TD, we believe in-person connections fuel collaboration and collective creativity. Our workplace experience empowers colleagues to do great work side-by-side at TD locations, while offering flexibility to work remotely where it makes sense for the work and team. Our teams work in one of three workplace models: Hybrid, Onsite and Primarily Remote. Wherever our colleagues are working, they’ll always have access to the TD community and experience our culture of care.
Who We Are
TD is one of the world’s leading global financial institutions and is the fifth largest bank in North America by branches. Every day, we deliver legendary customer experiences to over 27 million households and businesses in Canada, the United States and around the world. More than 95,000 TD colleagues bring their skills, talent, and creativity to the Bank, those we serve, and the economies we support. We are guided by our vision to Be the Better Bank and our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues.
TD is deeply committed to being a leader in customer experience, that is why we believe that all colleagues, no matter where they work, are customer facing. As we build our business and deliver on our strategy, we are innovating to enhance the customer experience and build capabilities to shape the future of banking. Whether you’ve got years of banking experience or are just starting your career in financial services, we can help you realize your potential. Through regular leadership and development conversations to mentorship and training programs, we’re here to support you towards your goals. As an organization, we keep growing – and so will you.
As part of TD’s Canadian Marketing Division, The Brand Planning team is responsible for championing the TD Brand to create and execute world class marketing plans that drive shareholder value and increase customer loyalty. The team owns creating consumer insights, monitoring trends, creating marketing strategies and plans, developing integrated campaigns and programs, and monitoring/improving in market results.
- Minimum 10-15 years’ experience in marketing
- Marketing and business expertise and judgement
- Ability to recognize and build talent
- Empowering coach
- Agility in a time of change, resilient and versatile
- Enterprise thinking mindset
- Subject matter expertise in marketing, social media, digital/print content, experiential and in-branch
- Knowledge of and experience with all digital platforms including, mobile, video, social and display
- Understanding of best practices in development and delivery of various forms of content (video, mobile, engagement etc.), event industry trends, social media channels and innovations, and the digital advertising landscape
- Strong analytics skills, able to evaluate research results and leverage facts to support POVs and recommendations
- Must be an imaginative, enthusiastic marketer with a commitment to delivering measurable results and a proven ability to manage projects to successful completion
- Project management acumen; proactive with effective time management skills; ability to work independently, manage multiple projects and keep key players informed
- Team oriented with a desire to contribute positively to the TD culture
- Thinks strategically, has a positive attitude, and inspires others to the same
- Proactively resolves problems and manages conflict/negotiate positively
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to influence across multiple stakeholders
- Fluent French language required
Specific Education Requirements:
- University or Post-Secondary education required.
- Business or Marketing Communications an asset.
- Understand and synthesize consumer trends, identifying research gaps and planning market research, interpreting consumer information specific to key markets, anticipating customer opportunities, generating and applying marketing insights through data, research, regional competitive activity, specific to each market to inform business strategy and investment.
- Build and Protect the Brand
- Understand end to end customer journeys and support the market to deliver the brand through customer experience.
- Marketing Strategies and Plans; Understand market and growth drivers, creates a vision of market, channel, and segment potential, develops value propositions and proof points that further our competitive advantage, translates business strategies into marketing plans. Identifies clear choices, makes trade-off recommendations, and recommends resource and spending allocations.
- Develops annual marketing plans for key markets supporting the Regional Banking business objectives.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic advice, be the voice of the customer and a trusted advisor to business partners for all marketing and customer activities.
- Be the advocate for local marketing strategies at head office linking centralized functions like analytics, research, corporate segments & business planning, etc. together to deliver the most impactful marketing strategies locally.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with key business partners to understand and influence business strategic priorities, and direction, ensuring that business objectives can be converted into effective marketing plans or customer strategies.
- Builds Creative Solutions: Identify opportunities to uniquely leverage product marketing and corporate segment marketing (Diversity, Environment, and CR), sponsorship/brand activities to make an impact locally, and reversely embed local insights into national strategies
- Deliver and Monitor Results: Ensure stated objectives are delivered on plan (monitor/ early indicators) and where required, take corrective actions to achieve targets.
- Monitor and report regional brand performance (awareness, consideration) and ad performance vs. competitors, and make marketing recommendations based on regional performance, gaps, and opportunities
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At TD, we’re committed to fostering an environment where all colleagues are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, experience equitable opportunities, and feel respected and supported. We’re dedicated to building an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and the communities in which we live and serve.
Your accessibility is important to us. Please let us know if you’d like accommodations (including accessible meeting rooms, captioning for virtual interviews, etc.) to help us remove barriers so that you can participate throughout the interview process.
How We’re Helping Make an Impact in Communities
TD has a long-standing commitment to help drive progress towards a more inclusive and sustainable future. That’s why we launched the TD Ready Commitment in 2018, now a multi-year North American initiative. Under the TD Ready Commitment, we are targeting a total of $1 billion by 2030 in community giving four key, interconnected drivers of change: Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities, and Better Health. It’s our goal to help support change, nurture progress, and contribute to making the world a better, more inclusive place for our customers, colleagues, and communities.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Category – Primary
Integrated Marketing Planning
We’re committed to providing fair and equitable compensation to all our colleagues. As a candidate, we encourage you to have an open dialogue with your recruiter and ask compensation related questions, including pay details for this role.
Careers Web Site Cities
Proficiency in Other than French
This position requires proficiency in a language other than French to support or deal with employees who require services and support in a language other than French.