Job Position: Second Cook(Gahcho Kue)
Company: Det’on Cho Management
Expected salary: $55500 – 63500 per year
Location: Yellowknife, NT
Second Cook(Gahcho Kue) Job Details:
2nd Cook Gahcho Kue – $55,500 – $63,500/year
Medical benefits and RSP matching available
Point of pickup is within the Northwest Territories & Calgary
100% owned by the Yellowknives Dene First Nation, Bouwa Whee Catering is a division of the Det’on Cho Hospitality Group, providing top-tier, professional camp catering services to Canada’s northern mines. We promote a positive work-place culture focused on growth, teamwork and inclusivity and are seeking a 2nd Cook for our Gahcho Kue Mine site.
This position reports to the Chef at the Gahcho Kue Diamond Mine site. The 2nd Cook assists the Chef in leading and directing the Food Service Team in the preparation and serving of all food products based on the requirements of the day to day menu and direction of the client.
Our ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years related experience in the Food Service Industry
- A current WHMIS and Level 1 & 2 Food Safe Certificates
- Ability to balance daily menu specials alongside existing set menu, taking into account food cost factors, variety and presentation
- Knowledge of the safe and efficient operation of all equipment in the Food Service area of operations
- Able to lead and direct other kitchen staff in the completion of their daily duties
- Understanding of the proper use of all cleaning chemicals in the Food Service areas of operation, and understand the safety precautions necessary while using these products
- Familiar with the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Must be organized and able to lead the kitchen team during peak periods of production in the absence of the Chef
- Exceptional Customer Service skills and enjoy working with the public
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Concept of working as a team player and have the ability to work well with others
- Ability to work 12 hour days in a fast paced environment
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for:
- menu development
- the training of junior staff members
- assisting with cleaning duties
- ensuring that Food Safe practices are strictly adhered to at all times
- Assist the Chef and 1st cook in preparing weekly orders for groceries and other kitchen supplies, based on the needs of the kitchen and ensuring the rotation of all stock
We thank all applicants for submissions, however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
For a list of all available Bouwa Whee Catering positions please click on the following link: