Job Position: Retail Store Manager
Company: VG Meats
Location: Toronto, ON
Retail Store Manager Job Details:
Harvest to Gather is looking for a Store Manager to oversee a retail location in Toronto, ON!
The Store Manager will be a mature individual who will demonstrate the necessary qualities to perform this position with attention to detail and organization. The Store Manager will also be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and evaluating all operations within the scope of this position.
Why should you work for Harvest to Gather group of Businesses (Olliffe, Rowe and VG Meats)?
- Wage is commensurate with skill level and experience.
- A growing company offering many learning experiences
- We are a regenerative employer meaning that the organization continues to build a workplace that is good for its staff, producers, customers, and communities.
What you will do as the Store Manager:
- Oversee the retail operations
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies, and equipment
- Order supplies and products from various suppliers for wholesale and retail purposes
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Ensures customers have an exceptional service experience at every point of contact.
- Provides input and support to the team on labour hours, scheduling, ordering, and other management tasks.
- Leads the production team including meat cutters, prepared foods cooks, and dishwashers.
- Ensures the meat cases are well-stocked with fresh, high-quality meat and poultry products.
- Receives and puts away stock.
- Cuts, grinds, wraps, weighs, prices, and attractively merchandising meat products.
- Ensures proper inventory control and product rotation to maximize product freshness and availability, while minimizing waste.
- Works in compliance with all food handling and health & safety policies and laws, and operates equipment such as meat saws, slicers, grinders, wrapping machines, and knives safely and skillfully.
- Completes accurate inventory counts of products on a monthly basis.
- Understands and influences the key levers that drive the financial performance of the store.
- Is responsible for ensuring impeccable store cleanliness and the full execution of the food safety and sanitation program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent is required.
- Butcher apprentice or diploma in culinary arts is preferred.
- 4+ years of experience cutting meat in a retail or processing environment is required.
- Functional knowledge of retail or food merchandising, operations, and retail management practices and procedures.
- People supervisory/management experience is required
- A strong understanding of food and service industries is preferred
- Strong customer service experience, a positive attitude, and relationship building skills are required
- Ability to expertly and safely handle meat cutting tools, including knives, saws, power tools, grinders, slicers, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with basic computer systems such as Microsoft and Google.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, busy retail store.
- Ability to prioritize work tasks, multi-task, and maintain focus while working under pressure.
- Ability to handle standing, bending, lifting, reaching frequently.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and work in a cold environment.
- Understanding of health & safety legislation, policies, and practices. Ministry of Labour Supervisor Health & Safety Awareness Certificate is preferred.
- Valid Food Handler’s and First Aid Certifications are an asset.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
About Harvest to Gather group of Businesses (Olliffe, Rowe and VG Meats)
Harvest to Gather is dedicated to producing high-quality, healthy foods through sustainable farming practices. A fourth-generation family business, we produce tenderness-tested beef, pork, and pastured poultry that our customers love. We’re looking for people who share our dedication and vision. Our areas of focus are regenerative farming practices, retailers, farmers, restaurants, distributors, and institutions.
Harvest to Gather is an equal opportunity employer and accommodation will be provided during the interviewing and hiring processes.
Powered by JazzHR