Job Position: Registered Nurse, Herberton Hospital, Rural and Remote Services – Herberton , Queensland Health
Company: Queensland Government
Location: Cairns, QLD
Registered Nurse, Herberton Hospital, Rural and Remote Services – Herberton , Queensland Health Job Details:
Cairns and Hinterland Hospital and Health Service are the public health provider for around 250 000 people in the region. We welcome you to become a part of Herberton Hospital, Rural and Remote Services as a Registered Nurse. Herberton Hospital is situated one and a half hours from Cairns and seventeen minutes from Atherton QLD. Herberton Hospital sits within the Division of Rural and Remote. While it has a small Outpatient nursing clinic, the core clinical work is Aged Care 38 beds comprising of Dementia Care, Palliative Care and Respite Services.
Job details Position status Casual,Permanent
Position type Full-time,Part-time
Occupational group Health – Nursing
Classification Nurse Grade 5
Workplace Location Cairns region,Far North Qld
Job ad reference QLD/CAH541934
Closing date 14-Feb-2024
Job duration Please see role description
Contact person Samantha Jane Bugat
Contact details 07 4096 1000
Eligible Health workers who move to Queensland from an interstate or international jurisdiction to take
up permanent employment may receive up to $20,000 (pro rata) incentive payments under the
The Cairns and Hinterland Hospital and Health Service covers a large geographic area with a diverse and growing population. The Health Service provides a wide range of primary care, acute and specialist services.
Our staff are a part of the community we serve, and we strongly believe that health outcomes are enhanced by involving our community in the planning and evaluation of local health services.
We’re committed to improving the health and wellbeing of people in Far North Queensland by providing high quality acute health care services.
The redevelopment of Atherton Hospital is architecturally distinct, yet reminiscent of the deep history of the site. A prominent archway motif is based on the original nurses’ quarters design; a brick plinth by the main entrance also pays homage to the original nurses’ quarters, created using bricks from the former building; and the colourful tiles on the exterior of the building tell the story of the Tablelands itself – with its rich reds, vibrant greens and deep blues.
In your new role you will…
- Demonstrate ability to deliver a high-quality service with the primary focus on achievement of organisational goals for the good of others.
- Be Competent in the application of clinical problem solving and effective coordination of patient centred care at an advanced level.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively plan and coordinate clinical education activities for individuals and groups (as a portfolio).
- Display proven ability to comprehensively assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care at an advanced level within a complex environment.
About your opportunity:
In this position you will deliver direct nursing care within a specific area of expertise while providing support and education to other team members in this unit. The Registered Nurse is responsible for a specific client population while providing support and direction to the Enrolled Nurse and other non- registered nursing personnel. A Registered nurse plays a key advanced role in clinical improvement and multidisciplinary patient care.
About your role:
- Practice collaboratively and provide clinical leadership within the interdisciplinary health care team to promote the safety, security and personal integrity of individuals and groups.
- Provide clinical leadership for professional and clinical practice, education, and research in conjunction with the Clinical Nurse Consultant.
- Use effective communication skills in a mature, confident manner to achieve effective team functioning, positive client outcomes, including providing information and/or advice on clinical issues within the RN scope of practice.
- Provide effective and efficient clinical care in clinical specialty and work in collaboration with the Clinical Nurse Consultant to ensure the maintenance of safe standards in patient care.
- Effectively manage self-development and work with the Clinical Nurse Consultant/Clinical Nurse Educator to meet unit nursing staff development needs.
As a Cairns and Hinterland Hospital and Health Service employee, not only will you receive competitive remuneration, you will also have access to:
- Generous superannuation
- Salary packaging
- Annual incremental increases
- Career training and development
- Flexible work arrangements
- Wellness programs
Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) evidence as required for your employment in accordance with legislation/government policy and Directives.
For more information about this role, please refer to the attached Role Description.
Why choose Cairns?
You can find out more about why it’s so great to work at Cairns and Hinterland here:
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote and .
Applicants are to apply online. If the information requested in the ‘how to apply’ section is not provided, you may not meet the requirements for further consideration of your application.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.
Information Package for Applicants
Information Package for Applicants
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Registered Nurse, Herberton Hospital, Rural and Remote Services – Herberton , Queensland Health Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Registered Nurse, Herberton Hospital, Rural and Remote Services – Herberton , Queensland Health Vacancies in Australia.