Job Position: Registered Nurse | Emergency (Kelowna, BC) – Potential Relocation Assistance
Company: Interior Health
Location: Penticton, BC
Registered Nurse | Emergency (Kelowna, BC) – Potential Relocation Assistance Job Details:
This position may be eligible for relocation allowance. Apply today and ask if you qualify!
Interior Health is seeking an experienced and dynamic Registered Nurse to join our Emergency Department at the Kelowna General Hospital in beautiful Kelowna, B.C.
If is your passion and you are a reliable, flexible and motivated registered nurse interested in working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, apply today!
Who We Are:
Interior Health (IH) is committed to achieving a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, and where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Well-being and work life balance is promoted within the IH team, and our commitment to environmental sustainability supports our primary goal of increasing the health and well-being of everybody in the Interior Health region from our employees to the population we serve.
What We Offer:
We offer a range of employee benefits and services to support you at every stage of your career:
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Employer paid training/education opportunities
- Generous Vacation Entitlement
- Employer Paid Health Benefits
- Municipal Pension Plan
- Shift Premiums
- Competitive wages
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse:
- Provides nursing care to emergency patients, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Enhances quality of life for the patient and family; consults, confers, and collaborates with other health care providers
- Demonstrates continuous improvement and evidence based practice in nursing practice
- Maintains and advances own clinical competence
- Participates on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned
We currently have PERMANENT FULL-TIME opportunities available. Shifts of work will be scheduled days and nights; rotating from 07:30 to 19:30, 19:30 to 07:30 hours.
About this location/unit:
Interior Health has embarked on an expansion plan to meet increasing demands, expand health services, and enhance patient care in the Okanagan. Construction of the six-storey, Centennial Patient Care Tower was completed in May 2012. It includes an expanded emergency department and ambulatory care department, five new operating rooms, a rooftop helipad, an expanded adult inpatient psychiatric unit, and extra space for more patient beds in the future. Kelowna General Hospital is the site of the brand new clinical academic campus for the University of BC Medical School.
Our new ER department is quadruple the size of the previous department and features:
- Zone 1 (acute): 15 beds and 3 trauma rooms
- CDU (clinical decision unit) beside zone 1 and will have 8 beds for patients not admitted but needing more time in the department
- Zone 2 (Urgent care/Streaming) has a large waiting room where patients will be triaged and an additional 7 rooms to treat patients
- Zone 3 (Minor treatment) will be for suturing, casting, splinting, etc. and will be staffed by ER Physician and LPN/Ortho tech. 10 spaces to treat patients (space includes an ortho and gyne room)
- Heli-pad is manned by BC Ambulance Service
- Negative pressure rooms, no positive pressure
- 4 ambulance bays
- 3 seclusion rooms
- 3 bariatric rooms and 3 isolation rooms
Interior Health is an organization where you have room to grow and where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply Today!
See what makes Interior Health a
See why is such an amazing opportunity!
Learn more about the
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Registered Nurse | Emergency (Kelowna, BC) – Potential Relocation Assistance Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Registered Nurse | Emergency (Kelowna, BC) – Potential Relocation Assistance Vacancies in Canada.