Job title: Real Estate Portfolio and Risk Manager for Japanese Corporate Banking (VP) Hybrid in NY
Expected salary: $120000 – 155000 per year
Location: New York City, NY
Real Estate Portfolio and Risk Manager for Japanese Corporate Banking (VP) Hybrid in NY Job Details:
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 7th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 160,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
This is a hybrid position. The selected colleague will work at an MUFG office or client sites up to four days per week and work remotely the remaining day(s). A member of our Talent Acquisition team will provide more details.
As a Portfolio and Risk Manager for Real Estate Industries (REI) credit clients and non recourse loan business for Japanese Corporate Banking (JCB) Americas based in NY, this VP position is responsible for the active monitoring and management of the loan portfolio, underwriting, structuring, and closing of real estate loans, processing construction loan draw requests, and producing financial and market analyses are all a critical part of the asset generation process for the delivery of credit products and services to existing customers and prospects.
This role will manage a portfolio of JCB REI client credit relationships as assigned. Responsibilities also include contributing high quality research insights of real estate industry risk and/ or growth prospects and benchmarking existing real estate financing capabilities against peer banks to the Head of JCB for the Americas, and other divisions/department of the bank.
Candidate is expected to work four days per week in the office and one day remote.
- Work in collaboration with Relationship Managers (RM) & Portfolio Managers (PM) in the completion of credit approval requests;
- Oversee the deal diligence process, including underwriting, rating assignment, credit approval, legal documentation, closing, and portfolio management according to MUFG’s defined policies and procedures;
- Initiates and ensures completion of all required loan documents and agreements fully represent all facets of credit underwriting and approval package terms and conditions;
- Conducts ongoing credit/risk monitoring through the timely completion of periodic loan reviews to identify credit quality of assigned portfolio and communicate credit quality to Credit Division;
- Process on-going construction loan draw requests in collaboration with both external and internal business partners to ensure conditions precedent have been met for funding;
- Review Plan & Cost Reviews for construction loans and identify any issues/concerns to RM’s;
- Collaborates with RM’s to increase share of wallet and meet profit targets by identifying cross-sell opportunities;
- Collaborates as part of a team to deliver both credit products and non-credit services to clients and prospects;
- Calls regularly on existing clients to obtain information necessary for effective credit monitoring that supports borrower’s risk profile;
- Adhere to MUFG’s risk vision, and risk management policies and programs; recognize and proactively address risk (including but not limited to those associated with Bank Secrecy Act, anti-money laundering, consumer compliance, fair lending, fiduciary responsibilities, and privacy);Perform other duties/ projects an assigned.
- 7+ years of commercial real estate financing experience including non-recourse loans for properties located in the United States.
- Extensive experience underwriting commercial real estate term, construction, and bridge loans for various asset classes including multifamily, office, industrial, and retail.
- Deep and thorough understanding of commercial real estate loan portfolio management including the completion of periodic loan reviews.
- Comprehensive understanding of the construction development process, including working with construction budgets, and processing construction loan draw requests.
- In-depth understanding of banking/capital markets products.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the current regulatory environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, financial aptitude, and broad analytical ability.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills including excellent business writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to work independently and think creatively.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, an MBA is a plus.
The typical base pay range for this role is between $120K – $155K depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and location. This role may also be eligible for certain discretionary performance-based bonus and/or incentive compensation. Additionally, our Total Rewards program provides colleagues with a competitive benefits package (in accordance with the eligibility requirements and respective terms of each) that includes comprehensive health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, educational assistance and training programs, income replacement for qualified employees with disabilities, paid maternity and parental bonding leave, and paid vacation, sick days, and holidays. For more information on our Total Rewards package, please click the link below.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Apply for the job now!