Job Position: Production Superintendent – Debone
Company: International Staffing Consultants
Location: Woodville, SA – Lewiston, SA
Production Superintendent – Debone Job Details:
This position requires a 4 year degree in Poultry Science, Animal Science, Agriculture, Engineering, or related field is preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered plus: * 5 years of experience in poultry, 3 in operations management.
- 1+ years of experience in debone
- Experience with various industry accepted procedures, including HACCP, SPC, etc., and plant efficiency as it relates to yield, lbs/birds pmh, line speeds, and automatic processing equipment.
- a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results.
- ability to analyze and resolve problems at both a strategic and functional level.
- ability to supervise and recognize training needs for the operation as well as the associates and the willingness to support those needs and develop associates
- ability, knowledge and commitment to put safety of associates above everything else while achieving goals.
The Production Superintendent will be responsible for plant effectiveness and efficiency for the debone department on 1st shift. Will provide direction, training, coaching to Production Supervisors and indirectly to hourly production associates. Responsible for achieving company established goals on production activities. Must provide a safe and secure working environment for all associates utilizing company-approved processes. Promote a positive working relationship with the production and support staff to make the company the employer of choice. Specifically this position:
- Establishes, measures, and is accountable for departmental operating budgets in a manner to enable the operation to maintain a competitive position in the industry.
- Meets all departmental operational plans, to ensure yield, birds per man hour, pounds per man-hour, line efficiency, CSI, QI, requirements are met.
- Ensures processes are in place to continuously reduce turnover, improve safety results as measured by the Safety Scorecard, and create the environment that will make the facility the Employer of Choice in the area.
- Ensures processes are in place to continually provide training to improve supervisory skills of staff, and improve the skill set of the hourly production associates to maximize the results of individual and team efforts.