Job Position: Parts Person / Service Writer
Company: LaPrairie Group
Location: Dawson City, YT
Parts Person / Service Writer Job Details:
Fine Gold Resources is a precious metals mining company operating in the Yukon. We operate on a seasonal basis from March to October and are looking for a qualified Parts Person / Service Writer to join our team as we prepare for the 2024 season.
This position is best suited to individuals who enjoy working hard for half the year and playing hard for the rest of it. Typically, our employees work in the Yukon during the warmer months and travel south for the winter.
We provide accommodations and meals at our on-site camp and offer a highly competitive compensation package.
We would welcome your spouse or partner to join you and will do our best to find appropriate work for them as well.
The mine operates 24/7 with two shifts each day – a day shift and a night shift – with a rotation schedule. During their time off employees may stay on-site at the camp or venture to Dawson City for some time away.
For candidates local to the Dawson City area, we are open to considering an onsite / offsite working schedule
- Record and monitor parts that are on order, expected delivery, and arrival.
- Laydown yards for older components and categorize working components in laydown.
- Provide mechanical maintenance on water pumps.
- Follow up on part orders and do necessary coordination to ensure timely delivery.
- Coordinate with vendors and arrange pick up of parts.
- Orders additional inventory as required.
- Receives all incoming goods verifying quantities received against quantities shipped on packing slips.
- Completes Return to Vendor forms when shipping purchased goods back to vendor.
Service Writer Duties:
- Interact with Management and vendors by telephone and in-person as required.
- Open maintenance orders and ensure work details are appropriately tracked.
- Assist with maintaining accurate repair history on vehicles / equipment.
- Stay up-to-date on parts / repair pricing to ensure appropriate vendors are being used.
- Assist in cost-estimating parts / repairs.
- Request Purchase Orders for parts and other necessary purchases.
- Previous experience ordering parts, managing mechanical inventory and facilitating maintenance is an asset.
- Previous experience facilitating Purchase Orders is an asset.
- Physically fit to do manual labour and heavy lifting.
- Ability to work day and night shifts.