Job Position: NWT Construction | Heavy Duty Mechanic
Location: Yellowknife, NT
NWT Construction | Heavy Duty Mechanic Job Details:
Subsidiary: Colas Western Canada Inc.
135 Kam Lake Road, Yellowknife, NT X1A 2R2 Telephone: (867) 920-4844
NWT Construction Ltd., a division of NPA Ltd. is one of Western Canada’s largest paving contractors, with over 700 employees helping us provide our products and services throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan and the Northwest Territories. Our equipment fleet and shops are among the most modern in our business. We take pride in our employees and place a high-value on establishing a workplace where people are challenged and respected every day.
Are you an experienced Heavy Duty Mechanic that is looking for a new opportunity? We now have an opening for a Heavy Duty Mechanic to join our team in Yellowknife!
- Safely troubleshoot and perform maintenance on a wide variety of construction equipment. Our equipment line includes highway trucks and trailers, asphalt paving equipment, loaders, skidsteers, graders, excavators, dozers, backhoes, power generators, vibratory compactors, mobile asphalt plants and more.
- Ensure our equipment is following a preventative maintenance schedule and to maintain accurate records of work performed.
- Participate in company safety meetings and company initiatives.
- This is a shop position, but opportunity for occasional field work may be required.
- Must ensure a solid understanding of, and comply with the principles of the companyâs Code of Ethics.
- Must examine situations in light of the principles of the Code of Ethics.
- Other mechanic and shop duties as required.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred
- Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician.
- Class 5 Drivers License
- Schedule of 6 working days, 1 day off with up to 12 hours per day (weather dependent). Overtime is paid in accordance with applicable employment standards legislation
- Ability to work out-of-town and remote locations may be required occasionally. Accommodations and Live Out Allowance is applicable in most situations.
- Work is performed in an outdoor setting, which could include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment is required.
- Use of sunscreen, long sleeves, and appropriate headgear is recommended.
- Must comply with the company’s drug and alcohol testing requirements.
What’s In It For You?
We are pleased to offer the successful candidate an attractive and competitive wage, accommodations and live out allowance as applicable, extended health benefits with STD and LTD, company matching RRSP plan, educational assistance, excellent opportunities for professional growth, and more!
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity you would enjoy, hit the apply now button below!
NWT Construction Ltd. is pleased to offer the successful candidate an attractive wage, comprehensive benefits, including a pension plan, educational assistance, excellent opportunities for professional growth, and more.
We thank all candidates for their interest in a position with NWT Construction Ltd., however only candidates selected to move forward will be contacted.