Job Position: Nurse Practitioner
Company: Government of Yukon
Expected salary: $127628 – 148293 per year
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Nurse Practitioner Job Details:
This posting will be used to fill 1 permanent full-time positions working 75 bi-weekly. It will establish a 12-month eligibility list which may be used to fill similar positions.
This job is based in the thriving and diverse city of in the beautiful .
The Referred Care Clinic is a primary care clinic for vulnerable adults with unstable mental health and/or substance use disorders who do not have a primary care provider and rely upon outreach services to successfully receive care. The Referred Care Clinic is a multidisciplinary team composed of outreach support workers, outreach licensed practical nurses, registered nurses, nurse practitioners, physicians, social workers and Medical Office Assistants.
As a Nurse Practitioner, you will be part of multidisciplinary team that is dedicated to providing high quality person-centred and trauma informed care to people seeking support from Mental Wellness and Substance Use Services. You will use your clinical expertise and understanding of theory to provide advanced assessments that will help guide treatment and ideally result in improved health-related outcomes for the individual. This role also supports Opioid Treatment Services and would support professional training to the right incumbent to provide opioid agonist therapy when indicated.
For more information on the recruitment process, please contact: Ann Caron at or (867) 332-6273.
Because we believe health care positions play a critical role in the lives of Yukoners, we also offer:
o reimbursement of exam fees for new position graduates, and
o yearly reimbursement for licencing fees.
- New position may also be eligible for a signing bonus up to $7500.
- As an added benefit, nurses, nurse practitioners and LPNs who work and live in the Yukon may be eligible for increased student loan forgiveness. Check out the details .
Your career, your home, your lifestyle
We are the Yukon public service. Every day, we come together to serve the people who live here and make a difference in so many ways. Here, you will find the diverse opportunities you desire to develop your career while enjoying a warm sense of community and vibrant artistic, cultural, and recreational amenities, all set in a spectacular natural environment.
As part of our team, your achievements and enjoyment in both your work and personal life will be valued as you explore the many opportunities the Yukon, and the Government of Yukon, has to offer.
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the qualifications below. Selections for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Demonstrated application of Nurse Practitioner theory, principles, and clinical techniques, ideally through work experience.
- Knowledge of and experience working with individuals with mental health and substance use related challenges.
Candidates who are currently students in a Master’s of Science in Nursing with Nursing Practitioner Certification in Family- All Ages or Adult Stream, who can demonstrate the essential qualifications through internships, practicums, cooperative and voluntary placements, and that have verification of graduation in 2024 may be considered.
It may be helpful for you to review
Desired knowledge, skills and suitability
n, the following:
- Developing strong relationships with multidisciplinary teams to influence collaborative goals.
- Ability to provide leadership as a clinical expert/resource to provide quality care and service delivery.
- Strong understanding of ethics and confidentiality in practice.
- Ability to research current literature and integrate new-evidenced based principles into nursing practice as appropriate.
- Knowledge of trauma and its relationship with substance use; ability to provide trauma-informed care.
- Ability to recognize the importance of self-care.
- Ability to provide person-centred care that focuses on improving outcomes.
- Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills, with the ability to solve complex problems.
Conditions of employment
- Current registration with the Yukon Registered Nurses Association
- RCMP Security Clearance with Vulnerable Sector
- TB screening
- CPR Level HCP
- Class 5 Drivers Licence
- Verification of Degree
This job requires you to perform, and/or be exposed to, the following:
- Potential of Exposure to upset and verbally/physically abusive clients
- Exposure to infectious materials (ex. Bodily fluids)
- Periodical travel outside Yukon for conferences, meetings, or other forms of professional development
or phone 867-667-9453.
18 January 2024
16 February 2024