Job Position: Mechanical Reliability Engineer
Location: Latrobe, TAS
Mechanical Reliability Engineer Job Details:
Discover the Opportunity
The Opal Australian Paper Division is the home of Reflex and is a leading employer in the beautiful Latrobe Valley. With over 850 team members on site, the Maryvale Paper Mill is the largest manufacturing plant in the Opal portfolio.
The Mechanical Reliability Engineer plays an integral role by providing reliability and engineering expertise across the mill. You will be exposed to ongoing maintenance and reliability activities and will be called upon to support root cause analysis and solution finding outcomes as the need arises.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Provide Mechanical Engineering support to maintenance team, improve reliability of plant and equipment, maintain asset integrity and resolve operational issues and problems.
- Ensure compliance to all statutory requirements related to the assets and the performance of maintenance.
- Perform project or task management functions as delegated by the Engineering & Reliability Lead, including coordination of technical meetings, generating scope of work, general engineering contract supervision and coordination.
- Management of preventative and predictive maintenance strategies.
- Design and/or develop solutions for a variety of technical problems of moderate to extreme scope and complexity across the mechanical engineering discipline.
We are able to offer a varied career journey with experiential learning gained from cross-functional and lateral moves. We embrace diversity in all its forms and we look for curious individuals who thrive in an environment of change. Specifically for this role you will have;
- Tertiary Qualification in Mechanical Engineering.
- 10 years’ experience in a heavy industry background.
- Knowledge and experience with large rotating equipment highly regarded.
- Preferred experience with SAP or similar maintenance management software.
- Strong experience in preventative and predictive maintenance management.
- Trouble-shooting ability and root cause analysis skills.
- Strong Safety focus.
For more information please contact Dean Jones on 0491158351 or jump right in by sending us your CV
Thinking packaging. Discover Opal.