Job Position: Machinist
Location: Karratha, WA
Machinist Job Details:
Join an industry leader and make a positive change in the sustainable use of the world’s natural resources. Together, we will transform the business and drive the industry toward a greener future.
At Metso, you will be supported by our inclusive culture and a network of colleagues from around the world. With us, you will embark on a personal growth journey and are encouraged to realize your potential. This is your invitation to rise above the possible.
Job posting end date: 02/07/2024
Join Metso on an 8/6 roster at Karratha’s newest and best equipped repair facility. We are seeking experienced fixed plant Machinists to join our Service team in the newly built Metso Karratha Service Centre.
These positions are on an 8/6 roster and can either be residential in Karratha (preferred) or FIFO from Perth.
What you’ll do:
- Interpret engineering drawings.
- Create CNC Machine program/code
- Plan, select and load tooling in CNC machines.
- Machine parts according to drawing specifications and tolerance.
- Measure parts accurately and regularly check parts to be within tolerance.
- Accurate record keeping of parts machined and material used.
- Physical housekeeping in Machining area.
- Housekeeping and organised storage of CNC programs and other software.
- Machine preventative maintenance tasks
- Repairs as required on all workshop machinery.
- Trouble shooting as required with and without vendor assistance if available.
- CNC program improvements.
- Assist in other areas of workshop if required.
Who you are:
- Trade qualified
- Experience in CNC Machining in a similar role
- Be passionate and competent in the trade and willing to develop skills and knowledge used in the industry.
- An energetic and a “can-do” attitude to various tasks and skills.
- Ability to learn to use a variety of tools and machinery.
- An enthusiastic approach to each new challenge.
- The ability to work well within a team, take instructions and learn from others.
- Good problem-solving skills and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- A strong commitment to both personal safety and the safety of others around them.
- Good aptitude for Math’s.
- Competent computer skills
- A current driver’s licence
What’s in it for you:
- Work in a globally renowned company with over 16,000 employees
- Live and work in a great Pilbara location, with industry leading Pilbara allowances
- A competitive hourly rate reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Additional annual Leave benefit
- Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave of 18 weeks at full pay
- Paid Volunteer Leave so you can give back to the local community or an organisation of your choice
- Discounted private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Company provided Salary Continuance insurance cover
- Career development & education assistance
– – – –
Metso is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workforce culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, nationality, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Metso is a frontrunner in providing sustainable technologies, end-to-end solutions and services for the aggregates, minerals processing and metals refining industries globally. By helping our customers increase their productivity, improve their energy and water efficiency and environmental performance with our process and product expertise, we are the partner for positive change.
Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, Metso employs over 16,000 people in close to 50 countries and sales for 2022 were about EUR 5.3 billion. The company is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki. metso.com.