Job Position: Childcare Cook (Qualified) | KU Kahibah Road – Highfields
Company: KU Children’s Services
Location: Newcastle, NSW
Childcare Cook (Qualified) | KU Kahibah Road – Highfields Job Details:
- Long Day Care
- January 2024 Commencement
- Nurture the love of food in children!
This Long Day Care Service is a modern purpose-built building and has been providing education and care to children from 6 weeks to 6 years old for more than 15 years. The service is located on George Street which is just set off from the Pacific Highway and has free parking on site, there are buses that go to and from Newcastle Interchange along Kahibah Road, and it is just a short walk to the service from the bus stop.
The service has wonderful natural light beaming throughout the reception area and the 3 rooms that the service has. Each room is well-resourced and has sustainable facilities and materials available. The team are long standing, diverse, dynamic and are motivated to provide a nurturing environment for our children and families. The service opens from 7:30am where the day commences outside where there is an enormous rectangular back yard with big sandpits, mud kitchens, climbing apparatus and ample shade for playing outside throughout the day.
Staff have a private, calm and well-resourced staff room to provide important times to relax and recharge during breaktimes.
Permanent part time position working 9:00am-2:00pm, Monday to Friday.
This role will include, managing the kitchen, ordering of stock (from preferred suppliers of fruit, vegetables and groceries), planning and preparing all nutritious menus from scratch, assisting in small group experiences with the children and introducing them to the wonderful world of cooking, ensuring health and safety are always maintained at a very high standard.
- Have a passion for working with children,
- Want work life balance – (no evening work!)
- Want to look after your own kitchen
- Want to be recognised for your contributions,
This opportunity will allow you to enjoy a wide range of additional benefits, including:
- Sector leading pay rates, up to 25% above the Award,
- Generous annual pay increases,
- 5 additional personal leave days for service-based staff,
- Rostered days off for relevant roles,
- Up to 14 weeks of KU paid parental leave,
- Access to variety of salary packaging options,
- 94% of staff say we live our values,
- KU Plus an extensive Employee benefits program with access to discounts/cashback from 400+ retailers,
- KU focuses on wholistic staff wellness through its Health & Wellbeing portal,
- Access to extensive free professional learning,
- An inclusive culture with a shared vision,
- Well-resourced and environmentally responsible workplaces,
- Coaching and mentoring from experienced colleagues.
To be considered for this role, it is essential you:
- A passion for nurturing the love of nutritious meals in children
- Have work rights that enable you to work in Australia
- Hold a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (or equivalent) OR hold food safety and food handling qualifications
- Hold or be willing to obtain an Employee Working with Children Check
How to apply:
Please submit your updated Cover Letter and CV via the ‘APPLY NOW’ button.
Want to know more?
Contact Sarah, HR Generalist via 02 9268 3959 or (please note: applications are not accepted via this email).
The page is available for you with all things KU recruitment – new roles, KU news and interview tips and tricks. Like and Follow!
KU is committed to social justice and human rights, inclusion and diversity, and equal employment opportunity. We recognise the voice of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and promote their participation at KU.
KU Children’s Services is committed to being a child safe organisation. We put children’s safety and wellbeing at the centre of our practices. Child safety is a shared responsibility across the organisation. All KU staff contribute to maintaining our child safe culture and ensuring the safety and wellbeing of the children in our services and programs. KU has a zero tolerance of harm or abuse of children.
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Childcare Cook (Qualified) | KU Kahibah Road – Highfields Apply Now!
Discover More KU Children’s Services Jobs, and Find more jobs in Newcastle, NSW.
Also, Check out More Childcare Cook (Qualified) | KU Kahibah Road – Highfields Vacancies in Australia.