Job title: Heavy Vehicle Test Driver (1st shift)
Company: Technical Professionals Group
Location: Elmendorf, TX
Heavy Vehicle Test Driver (1st shift) Job Details:
Technical Professionals Group, LLC (“TPG”) is seeking a Heavy Vehicle Test Driver (a “Driver”) to test drive commercial vehicles on behalf of a global truck manufacturer. Located in Elmendorf, Texas, the Driver will operate pre-production vehicles (new models and prototypes), conduct safety inspections, perform specialized test procedures, and report findings and observations to engineering departments for research & development.
This 60-second video describes more about being Heavy Vehicle Test Driver for TPG in Elmendorf, Texas – https://vimeo.com/754457663
TPG provides teams of automotive professionals to accomplish the comprehensive needs of a manufacturer’s testing requirements. As a TPG team member, you become immersed in the automotive environment, getting paid to test drive heavy trucks & vehicles, experience firsthand the cutting-edge of automotive technology, and provide valuable feedback to enhance the evolution of the motor & trucking industry.
The Driver’s primary responsibilities will be to:
- Safely operate medium & heavy vehicles with manual transmissions (class 8, class 6, etc.) in a wide range of open road real-world testing conditions to collect data and provide feedback
- Conduct pre-drive safety and diagnostic tests to calibrate conditions including visual inspection, fluid levels, air pressure, weather, etc.
- Accumulate mileage to collect performance metrics and other data such as vehicle noise and handling, center of gravity, grade ability, traction control, powertrain durability and others.
- Other duties as requested or available depending on Driver’s experience
Why join TPG as a Driver? Our team members enjoy:
- A flexible schedule earning a living, deposited directly on a weekly basis, in the automotive industry alongside global manufacturers contributing towards the development of automotive technology
- Full benefits including 401k, medical/dental/vision, life insurance, short-term disability, paid time off, and paid holidays
- Attractive work/life balance with a set shift schedule with NO OTR, loading/unloading, or delivery requirements
- A small company approach that recognizes our employees are our strongest asset and where professional growth in automotive excellence is fostered, encouraged, and rewarded.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who has at least some of the following characteristics:
- Possession of a high school diploma or GED, as well as a CDL Class A, are required. Passenger endorsement and lowboy experience are a plus.
- Superior driving skills with a focus on safety, demonstrated by a clean driving record and a minimum of 3 years of driving experience operating Class 6 and Class 8 heavy vehicle manual transmissions
- Ability to travel up to 30-40%, as needed, to specific states for specialized tests or vehicle transportation as well as internationally (possession of a valid passport is highly desired)
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to follow strict protocols to ensure accurate testing results
- Passion for the automotive industry and the niche auto proving & testing business who would enjoy working alongside the largest automotive companies in the world
Other important considerations include:
- Safety Sensitive position requiring all persons assigned to activity be drug free and pass drug screening prior to employment
- Prolonged routine sitting for 2 or more hours with the requirement to lift at least 25 lbs.
The TPG Team:
While our roots are in automotive design and engineering, our passion is providing premium proving & durability results to the entire automotive market. From large multinational manufacturers to small EV & technology start-ups looking to take the next big step forward, our Project Teams are deployed across the country working on the latest advancements in the automotive industry. Our focus is validation, durability, mileage accumulation and quality testing services for the engineering, R&D, and quality control sectors. At TPG, we are professional auto project specialists providing safety-oriented driving, mechanical/technician support, and comprehensive site management tailored specifically for automotive proving, testing, and durability. To learn more visit .
Safety Sensitive position requiring all persons assigned to activity be drug free
Apply for the job now!