Job Position: Fitter
Location: Adelaide, SA
Fitter Job Details:
Macmahon is a leading Australian company delivering an end-to-end service offering to clients throughout Australia and South East Asia. Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
An opportunity now exists for an experienced LV Fitter for our Lonsdale workshop in South Australia. Seeking someone local to work a 5/2 roster with overtime opportunities.
To be suitable for the role you must meet the following requirements.
- Australian recognised Trade Certificate
- Proven experience in the repairs and maintenance of small fleets and site vehicles (Toyota 4WDs, Bus Commuter, etc).
- Dedicated commitment to safety and quality assurance
- Exceptional diagnostic and troubleshooting / interpretive skills
- Previous experience in the mining industry preferred but not essential.
- Physically fit for the demands of the role.
- Minimum of a manual class driver’s license
- Site support equipment – IT’s, Genset, Telehandlers etc.
- Complete & understand all relevant work instruction.
- Fork Lift Licence preferred
- Roster work based in Adelaide – go home to your family every day!
- Competitive remuneration
- Employee discounts with a large number of retailers including Toyota & OTR Tyres
- Excellent workshop facilities
- Upskill with a registered RTO
- Dedicated lifestyle, financial and mental health support
Successful applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment medical which includes a drug and alcohol screen as well as obtain a National Police Clearance. Additionally, you will be asked to provide proof of working rights in Australia i.e. copy of valid Australian passport, birth certificate, citizenship certificate or current visa grant notification where applicable.
Macmahon offers our people the ability to work in diverse roles, in different locations and realise new opportunities within the Company over time. We are focused on ensuring our people can be involved in the future of the business and look for new opportunities for people to grow and develop. Macmahon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages suitably qualified women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
If you are interested in this role, then please APPLY NOW