Job Position: Environment Superintendent (Fly-In Fly-Out)
Company: Agnico Eagle Mines
Environment Superintendent (Fly-In Fly-Out) Job Details:
Reporting to the Site General Manager, you will be part of the Environment Department. You will ensure that the goals and objectives are achieved while promoting and respecting Agnico Eagle’s values, Health & Safety Code of Conduct and the environment.
- Manage and provide strategic direction to a multi-disciplinary team of Environment Professionals, Technicians and Engineers;
- Direct supervision of Environment, Water management & Critical Infrastructure (Geotechnical Services) & Closure General supervisors as well as Environmental project coordinator;
- Ensure the efficient operation of the Environment Department including water management, environmental monitoring, compliance and reporting activities;
- Promote the implementation of environmental best practices across the division;
- Identify key environmental risks for the division, develop and track the progress of risk mitigation plans;
- Maintain environmental compliance on site, follow-up on action items to address non-conformities;
- Provide strategic and technical direction to inform water management & critical infrastructures decisions on site;
- Plan department resources to facilitate the successful completion of all environmental programs;
- Set departmental goals and ensure the success of the department in achieving those goals;
- Manage the department budget and participate in the annual Life of Mine budgeting exercises;
- Develop and track key environmental process indicators, report to senior management on progress;
- Work closely with the permitting, community relations and communications teams to ensure the success in the long-term growth of the mine through various projects;
- Manage closely the relationships with key stakeholders including regulators, community leaders and groups. Ensure the success of annual inspections and other audits;
- Support in the achievement of the implementation of site-wide best practices in risk management and ensure compliance to standards Responsible Mining and Management System (RMMS), Toward Sustainable Mining (TSM), Responsible Gold Mining Principle (RGMP), International Cyanide Management Code (ICMC).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Water Resources/Geotechnical/Mining Environment) or Environmental Sciences/Environmental Management/Biology/Chemistry/Hydrology or any other relevant field;
- Master’s degree would be considered an asset;
- 10+ years of experience in a similar role, with supervisory experience being a must;
- Arctic experience and mining project experience is considered an asset;
- Adaptability and autonomy competencies;
- Excellent working knowledge of all Microsoft Office Suite applications especially Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
Note that the official working language at Hope Bay is English.
Your Work Schedule:
- Schedule: 21 days of work, followed by 21 days for transportation and rest;
- Accommodations and meals are provided on site at no cost to the employee. Agnico Eagle provides charter flights to and from the mine site and will accommodate to cover other travelling expenses according to your location of residence in Canada.
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Environment Superintendent (Fly-In Fly-Out) Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Environment Superintendent (Fly-In Fly-Out) Vacancies in Canada.