Job title: Electrician
Company: George J Hayden Inc
Location: Pittston, PA
Electrician Job Details:
We are currently seeking individuals to join our hard-working, dedicated team as an Electrician.
Hayden Power Group – a family-owned electrical contractor – energizing our customers with safely provided state-of-the-art solutions for all types of electrical needs and lighting the path for our highly valued professional teams with long term career opportunities. Power is our life!
Compensation and Benefits
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual qualifications and experience ranging from $23.00 – $30.00 per hour.
Typical Work Schedule
Dayshift, Monday through Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm. Weekends and nights as needed.
Generous Benefits Package including:
· Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
· Life Insurance
· Vacation and Personal Time
· 401K Plan with Matching Contribution
· Short-Term Disability
· Employee Assistance Program
· Employee Perks Program
· Competitive Pay and Opportunities for Advancement
· Yearly Bonus Potential and more…
Duties and Responsibilities Essential to the Job of a Journeyperson Electrician – including the following and any other duties that may be assigned as needed:
· Apply complete and thorough knowledge of all electrical tasks as needed in commercial, industrial or residential electrical installation. Responsible for laying out, assembling, installing, testing, troubleshooting and repairing electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and related equipment in customer locations, building and structures.
· Perform all types of wire terminations.
· Troubleshoot all electrical systems on a commercial, industrial or residential electrical jobsite.
· Demonstrate complete and thorough knowledge of all electrical materials and tools.
· Ability to analyze, interpret and understand blueprints, drawings and work orders.
· Mentorship of apprentices and helpers; monitor work progress.
· Responsible for accurate coding of timecards. Proper completion of time and material sheets as required.
· Collaboration of work with a crew of electricians or other jobsite tradespeople.
· Ensure that all materials, tools and equipment are maintained in an orderly and safe working fashion. Maintain clean, safe work areas.
· Communicate with other employees, management and customers in a professional manner.
· Conform to company policies, procedures and safety requirements.
· High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
· Journeyperson certificate or 7 years equivalent work experience.
· Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Supervise assigned crew in order to complete a project accurately and thoroughly.
· Working knowledge of the most current National Electric Code (NEC) and NFPA70E
· Proficiency in testing electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixture using testing devices and meters such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or meggers.
· Working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controls (PLCs) is a plus.
· Ability to properly identify wire colors including distinguishing between shades of color and brightness in order to splice, join and connect wires to fixtures and components to create circuits.
· Perform physically demanding tasks such as digging trenches, either by use of hand tools or power equipment, laying conduit or moving or lifting heavy objects.
· Capable of operating two-handed tools/equipment, cable cutters, hammer drills, compression tools, jack hammers, etc.
· As required, operate and work from mechanical hydraulic lifts (electric or gas powered).
· Operate company trucks as required.
· As required, operate equipment (i.e., trenchers and backhoes) in a safe manner.
· Ability to follow instructions.
· Commitment to company values and the highest level of professional and ethical standards
· Knowlege of Trimble is a plus.
· Jobsite visits may require lifting not to exceed 50 pounds, standing, bending or reaching for extended periods of time.
· Ability to work 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, overtime and nights as required.
· Repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers. Ability to frequently bend, stretch, twist or reach with body, arms and/or legs.
· Ability to work outdoors or in restricted areas i.e., switcher rooms, manholes, utility tunnels, crawl spaces, attics.
· Employee responsible to provide basic hand tools including tool belt and pouch for use on jobsite.
· Must be able to utilize construction site sanitary facilities (Porta Johns).
· Perform work at various heights, up to 60′ from ladders, scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks or other safe work areas.
· Work from all types of ladders’, A frame ladders up to 14′ and all size extension ladders. Ability to carry and relocate up to 12′ step ladder by oneself.
· This job is a safety sensitive position.
· Ability to travel to jobsites locally, in-state and out-of-state as business requires; evening and weekend work as needed. Responsible for personal transportation to and from local and regional jobsites.
· Always wear personal protective equipment on jobsite: hard hat, safety glasses, safety vest, safety shoes, gloves, harness, etc…
· Employee’s weight and personal tools cannot exceed the weight limit of ladder (Class 1, 250 lbs., Class 1A, 300 lbs.)
· Background checks, screenings and physicals.
· Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
· Maintain work area to acceptable safety and housekeeping standards.
· Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
Apply for the job now!