Job Position: Electrician
Company: ISS Facility Services
Location: Paris, ON
Electrician Job Details:
ISS offers a competitive compensation package including Benefits, Paid Time Off, and a starting hourly salary of $40.00 CAD.
***ISS does not provide sponsorship for work visas in Canada***
As a Electrician, you will be responsible for repairing, maintaining, and installing wiring, motors, transformers, generators, lighting, and other electrical systems and components in compliance with electrical codes, standards, and regulations.
· Develop own skill base in line with agreed appraisal, taking responsibility for increased performance, and ensuring continued self-improvement
· Participate and embrace the development opportunities within group
Key Areas of Collaboration and Influence
· Support the team, and report to the Facility Manager
· Communicate effectively with colleagues within the Business Unit and across the company so that information is disseminated effectively and participate in project groups and meetings as required
Ideal Candidate Experience
· Six (6) years of progressively responsible journey level electrical experience, or completion of a four-year approved technical training program in electrical repair and maintenance
· 2 -3 years electrical experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Strong knowledge of Work Order Control procedures and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
· Experience with subcontractor and vendor contract management
· Experience with managing key performance indicators as provided by Facility Manager
· Ability to use various tools, equipment, and material common to the electrical trade
· Knowledge of applicable electrical codes, standards, and regulations
· Knowledge of electrical application for high and low voltage electric system
· Basic knowledge in installation, repair, and maintenance of all types of electrical system equipment and components
· Ability to effectively communicate through cell phone, email, conference calls, texting tools
· Must be able to use personal computers, MS Office (Word and Excel)
· Awareness and compliance of Government, State, City, Company, and client policies, procedures, and regulations
· Respond in a professional, polite, and helpful manner when dealing with customers
· Learn, understand, and adhere to computer and phone policies
· Maintain a clean and professional appearance
· Participate in training directed at increasing job-related skills
· Work according to schedule prepared and distributed by Leadership
· Work with and takes direction from Leadership
· Complete work orders by utilizing a computerized maintenance work order system
· Turn in receipts, invoices, and other documentation to appropriate person in a timely manner
· Ensure Mechanical/ Electrical/ Storage space are kept neat, clean, orderly, and safe
· Respond to after-hour unscheduled emergencies as needed
· Know and understand the Owner’s Building Operations/ Rules for the building(s) under your assignment as provided by Leadership
· Report inventory of spare parts, tools, and service equipment to Leadership
· Ensure all spare parts, tools, and service equipment are kept in a neat and orderly manner
· Dispose of unusable spare parts under Leadership direction
· Coordinate with subcontractor and vendors as needed for the effective and safe accomplishment of maintenance and project work including review and enforce safety guidelines, ensure subcontractor and vendors access the facilities properly, be escorted to their work areas, and other safety precautions, work team debriefed, and safely escorted off site as needed
Physical Demands & Work Environment
● Ability to lift, push, pull, and/ or carry minimum 50 pounds
● While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to stand, walk, reach, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch/crawl daily
● Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
● Must be able to work under pressure and time deadlines during peak periods.
● Must participate in On-Call rotation schedule as assigned
As a global organization, ISS Group is committed to making the international community more resilient and just for all people. We encourage diversity and inclusion in their broadest terms, including ethnicity, race, age, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, language, culture, and educational background. We look to lead our industry by example and to positively influence the market wherever we operate.
Requisition ID: 37889
The Recruitment Process
1. Job search 2. Application 3. Screening 4. Interview(s) 5. Job offer
Browse the ISS Career Site and find your next job Click “Apply now” and follow the steps to complete your application Our Recruiting team reviews your application We get to know you better and answer any questions you may have Congratulations! We are excited to offer you a job and look forward to onboarding you soon
The Recruitment Process
1. Job search
Browse the ISS Career Site and find your next job
Click “Apply now” and follow the steps to complete your application
Our Recruiting team reviews your application
We get to know you better and answer any questions you may have
5. Job offer
Congratulations! We are excited to offer you a job and look forward to onboarding you soon
Since our founding in 1901, ISS has been a people-first company. We recognise the power of diversity, inclusion and belonging and celebrate the differences that make us unique. When everyone is free to be themselves, everyone benefits.
Our people feel safe, respected, represented, and supported as their authentic selves, allowing them to seize opportunities and reach their full potential. We take seriously our obligation to improve lives, make a difference in our communities, and protect our planet – because when we get things right, the world works better. And that is what drives us.
ISS is a Place to Be You.
Be who you are. Become what you want. Be part of something bigger.