Job title: Driver (Conductor)
Company: Colony Hardware
Location: Countryside, IL
Driver (Conductor) Job Details:
As a Driver with Colony Hardware, you will be the backbone of our company who make our mission to provide top quality products to commercial contractors and industrial accounts come alive. To do this, you will utilize your eagerness to do whats expected to ensure that our customers are getting what they need, when they need it!
A Little About Your Day:
From day to day, you will be responsible for the pickup and delivery of merchandise in a safe, timely, and courteous manner.
- You will load your truck with packed orders, sorting and organizing the merchandise so that it can be easily located.
- Operating with a strong attention to detail, you will perform your pre-trip and post-trip inspections of your vehicle, equipment, paperwork and loaded product to ensure your safety.
- You will check in frequently with the customer to announce arrival, collect payments from customers, and ensure all signatures are received.
This is the opportunity for you if:
- Its important to you to have a career where there is a large degree of predictability from one day to the next. You love being on the road, and the need for communication and interaction with customers is fulfilled throughout the day.
- An enthusiastic spirit is the foundation of your work ethic
- You pay very close attention to the details.
- You are people focused with a strong desire to get things right the first time.
- Doing it right is as important as doing it on time.
- You naturally seek a good work-life balance where you drive locally and are home nightly.
What Youll Need for Success:
- A minimum of three years of prior driving experience and deliveries.
- You must be 21 years of age or older.
- A valid drivers license with a sustained record of safe driving.
- A Commercial Drivers License (A or B) is a plus
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted.
- We Can Offer You:
Colony Hardware provides a performance based culture where all employees are rewarded for achievement of both personal and company goals. This includes:
- Competitive salary and quarterly bonuses.
- Multiple medical, dental, and vision plan options
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance.
- 401k retirement plans with a generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Competitive sick, vacation and PTO time as well as paid holidays
- Company-provided PPE as required
- Company-paid CDL training.
- Generous discounts on the best products from leading industry vendors
Life at Colony:
With 50 locations and 1,000 employees, Colony Hardware is the leading distributor of Tools, Equipment, Fasteners, Supplies, and Safety Products to commercial construction and industrial accounts throughout our markets.
At Colony, our people are our most valuable asset. Success as a Colony Associate means being reliable, conscientious, and passionate. With our direction centered on teamwork, every employee at Colony will not only find their work to be meaningful, but will have the opportunity to grow alongside Colony, both professionally and personally.
If you possess a will to win and would like to join a culture where integrity and collaboration are integral to success, apply to Colony Hardware today to join our growing family!
Colonys Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Colony Hardware Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, religion, marital status, victim of domestic violence, familial status, genetic predisposition or information, disability, Family and Medical Leave, military or veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
Apply for the job now!