Job Position: Development Manager
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Development Manager Job Details:
Vestas, the world leader in renewable energy are seeking a skilled Development Manager to join our collaborative team to help progress the development of our projects on the east coast of Australia.
Digital Solutions & Development
Vestas is expanding its wind development portfolio in Australia, and as a result is seeking a skilled Development Manager to join our team.
As a Development Manager you will be managing all aspects of the wind farm development, from identify and securing new greenfield opportunities to preparation of the development approval. You will be aided by Vestas’ considerable experience in delivering wind power projects in Australia.
This position has a multi-faceted approach which includes direct communication with the local community, working with external professional entities to finalise agreements and engaging external consultants.
As the successful candidate you will have proven experience in large infrastructure projects in rural areas. Experience with renewable energy projects is desirable and we welcome those who have similar experience in rail, pipeline projects, mining and civil construction. To excel in this role you will need to be a people person who will be the face of the project for the local community. This will involve liaising with council, local community groups and members of the community with questions or concerns.
Join the team which has quickly established itself as one of the biggest wind energy developers in the region.
- Progress the development of a pipeline of wind energy projects
- Balance the competing elements of wind farm development including landowner requirements, community needs and engagement, technical optimisation and project schedule
- De-risk key elements of the projects
- Leveraging the Vestas organisation to propel development goals
- Coordinate permitting and approvals process
- Contribute to the land access strategy including negotiating and securing easements and options to lease
- Guide connection application and connection agreement processes and negotiations
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Business, Environmental, Planning, etc.
- Professional experience in infrastructure development
- Experience dealing with governments on major projects
- Proven experience handling and delivering environmental approvals for major projects
- Understanding of the energy markets in Australia
- Significant experience effectively handling internal and external stakeholders
- Highly skilled in negotiating project scope, cost, schedule, and risk with contractors
- Ability to work in a multi-discipline team environment as well as work autonomously
- Good commercial insight
What we offer
- A strong safety culture
- Dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- An opportunity to work with the world leader in wind energy.
- The opportunity to further develop your skills and professional development.
- Global career progression prospects.
- Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing
- Join the World’s Leading Wind Energy Solutions Provider
- Excellent Career Development opportunities both Nationally and Globally
- A workplace that embraces Diversity and Inclusion
- Flexible workplace arrangements
- 13 weeks Paid Primary Carers Leave
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carers Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
Vestas is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from those who identify as being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
BEWARE – RECRUITMENT FRAUD
It has come to our attention that there are a number of fraudulent emails from people pretending to work for Vestas. Read more via this link, www.vestas.com/en/careers/job-openings
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We specialize in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than our competitors in the renewable energy arena. We consider ourselves forerunners within the industry, as Vestas continuously aims to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 173 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, Vestas has an unmatched history demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, Vestas is a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.