Job title: Dentist
Company: Metro Community Health Center
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Dentist Job Details:
All Candidates applying need to be vaccinated for COVID and show proof of receiving the COVID vaccine before being interview and hired.
We are an integrated medical, mental health, and dental clinic, located in Swissvale. We serve the neighborhoods of Swissvale, Wilkinsburg, Braddock, the greater Pittsburgh area, and all people who come to us. At Metro, our providers collaborate with each other to treat every aspect of a patient’s health, all under one roof. We offer all of our services to everyone, regardless of identity, income, insurance status, or the ability to pay.
Metro Community Health Center extends great benefits to our eligible employees.
MCHC current benefits are:
MCHC pays 100% of the employee premium for UPMC Gold Small Business Medical, United Concordia dental, STD, LTD and Life insurance
VBA vision coverage is offered as voluntary coverage that paid for by the employee
Medical and Dependent Care FSA and HRA
2 weeks of paid parental leave
20 days (4 weeks) of PTO for your 1st two years
11 paid holidays
401k with a 4% match
Loan Repayment Available
New Grads Welcome
M – F 8 – 4:30
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: * Provides routine and emergency dental services, including diagnosis and treatment plans, general restorative procedures, crown and/or bridge construction, removable prosthetics, uncomplicated endodontics and minor oral surgery.
- Responsible for all dental care given to patients, including that provided by the Hygienist(s).
- Ensures the administration of quality oral health care.
- Responsible for beginning and ending appointments as close to “on schedule” as possible.
- Initiates and interpret x-ray and lab studies.
- Administers anesthetics and prescribes medications.
- Refers patients for specialty care to other clinic programs our outside agencies as appropriate.
- Supervises Dental Hygienist(s) and Dental Assistant(s) when appropriate.
- Conducts follow-up patient care.
I 0. Provides dental and oral health education to patients and families. * Assists in reviewing clinic productivity, scheduling procedures, and establishing guidelines for care and treatment.
- Teaches and trains patients and staff on illness prevention.
- Actively participates in community dental programs.
- Assists with in-service and on-going training of clinic staff.
- Builds relationships and fosters a high level of customer service.
- Manages difficult clients and patients, demonstrating interpersonal savvy and influence skills.
- Exercises professional judgment in the performance of services provided consistent with the organization’s policies and the standards of the dental profession.
- Demonstrates a high degree of knowledge and competency in the practice of dentistry and associated charting requirements.
- Performs assigned dental tasks using high level of skills and ability.
20. Utilizes computers for data entry and information retrieval with proficiency.
21. Utilizes & monitors effectiveness/efficiency of equipment/supplies used in the delivery of services.
22. Responsible for participating in quality assurance, peer review and audit activities.
23. Communicates frequently with others in verbal and written communication format
24. Implements and evaluates operational and administrative processes.
25. Carries out and performs other supervisory, administrative, or clinical duties as assigned within the realm of the Dental Profession.
DMD or DDS from an accredited dental educational institution.
Licensed to practice dentistry in Pennsylvania
DEA License Demonstrated expertise in relevant dental practices, protocol, trends and best practices in clinical areas assigned.
Demonstrate knowledge and success in effecting overall clinical operations.
Experience/Knowledge of HRSA accreditation process and requirements, as well as all federal, state and local regulations and standards
associated with the delivery of care in a community health center environment.
Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and emergency situations successfully Proficiency in knowledge of office management, use of
computer, software packages, and office machines.
Apply for the job now!