Job Position: Delivery Driver/Helper
Company: Sleep Country
Location: Moncton, NB
Delivery Driver/Helper Job Details:
At Sleep Country Canada/Dormez-vous? (SCC/DV), we are inspired every day through our purpose to transform lives by awakening Canadians to the power of sleep and our vision to champion sleep as the key to healthier and happier lives, helping everyone achieve better tomorrows through better tonight’s.
Guided by our values – We CARE About People; We WIN Together; We DREAM Big and We DELIVER with Excellence – we are building on our 28-year foundation of taking care of each other and our customers’ sleep needs, with passion and commitment to be the best that we can be. We invest in our sleep ecosystem, innovative products, world-class customer experience, our communities and diverse best-in-class team to be Canada’s leading sleep partner.
We’re looking for a Delivery Driver/Helper to join our growing company and play a key role in our customer experience by ensuring each purchase ends in a smile!
Why members of our Delivery team love working at Sleep Country Canada/Dormez-vous?:
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
- Competitive hourly rates and annual performance bonus
- Full medical, dental benefits and a Deferred Profit Sharing Program
- Annual Wellness Credit for any products/services that improve your health and well-being, i.e., health assessments, nutrition counselling, hiking shoes, a yoga outfit or fitness equipment
- Associate Discount Program where you will be able to enjoy some of the world’s best sleep products
- Maternity/Parental leave top up benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement Program that covers professional AND personal development
- Yearly footwear and/or uniform allowance
- A focus on training and development
- Long service awards, celebrations and other social events
- Associate Referral Program
- Paid day off to volunteer at your local charity of choice
- Customers who appreciate the service that we provide (some even tip!)
- Freedom from an office or warehouse environment; no route is ever the same and you are in control of your day when out on the road
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures in 2022 by Waterstone Human Capital
- Shift: 4 day 10 hours (7:30am – 5:30pm)
- Week 1: Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday
- Week 2: Thursday-Sunday
As a Delivery Driver/Helper you will:
- Provide an excellent customer service experience by delivering our products to each customer’s home in a professional, friendly and enthusiastic manner
- Work together as part of a team by alternating between a driving and helping capacity
- Safely operate our automatic 5-ton trucks
- Handle and assemble (where required) our products into customers’ homes while following all health and safety procedures
- Complete the required paperwork for each delivery
- Work together as part of the Operations team to exceed goals and expectations
- Furniture deleivery exepience an asset
The Qualifications and Experience we like to see:
- High school diploma
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Physical ability to lift and move large items up to 88lbs (40kg)
- Ability to work a flexible shift which may include evenings and weekends
- Think quickly and the ability tackle problems
- Experience operating a 5-ton vehicle or larger is considered an asset
- Experience working within a warehouse or delivery environment is considered an asset
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging (EDI&B)
At SCC/DV, we are committed to building a company culture of inclusion and diversity where differences are embraced and valued, this allows us to better understand and meet the needs of our customers and the communities we serve. We want to ensure every job applicant is treated fairly and with respect regarding race, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
About Sleep Country Canada/Dormez-vous?
Sleep Country is Canada’s leading specialty sleep retailer with a purpose to transform lives by awakening Canadians to the power of sleep. Sleep Country Canada operates under the retailer banners; Sleep Country, Dormez-vous, Endy, Hush, Silk & Snow and most recently acquired, Casper Canada. The Company has omnichannel and ecommerce operations including 289 corporate-owned stores and 20 distribution centers warehouses across Canada. Recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures in 2022 by Waterstone Human Capital, Sleep Country is committed to building a company culture of inclusion and diversity where differences are embraced and valued. The Company actively invests in its sleep ecosystem, innovative products, world-class customer experience, communities and its people. For more information about Sleep Country, please visit .