Job Position: Data Center Critical Facilities Engineer III
Location: Sydney, NSW
Data Center Critical Facilities Engineer III Job Details:
Who are we?
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company®, operating over 250 data centers across the globe. Digital leaders harness Equinix’s trusted platform to bring together and interconnect foundational infrastructure at software speed. Equinix enables organizations to access all the right places, partners and possibilities to scale with agility, speed the launch of digital services, deliver world-class experiences and multiply their value, while supporting their sustainability goals.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering best-in-class service to our data center customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Data Center Critical Facilities Engineer III
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 240+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 20 years of continuous growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of 10,000+ companies, including 2,100 networks and 3,000+ cloud and IT service providers in 32 countries spanning six continents.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, working on critical facilities infrastructure and customer facing projects as part of a close-knit team delivering best-in-class service to our data center customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
The role will suit an entry-level or Graduate engineer from a mechanical, electrical or mechatronic background looking to move into a full-time, permanent role at our Hyper-Scale data center based at Rosehill.
Experience is not essential, however some previous graduate, intern or other employment in a similar industry will be highly regarded and potentially equip you to adjust to the role and requirements quickly. Forming part of a team of 8 engineers at various levels of experience – you will perform your duties working in a 24/7 shift environment, working closely with senior engineers who will train, guide and mentor all new employees on an ongoing basis.
Supporting the overall team in facilities and infrastructure maintenance, vendor support and coordination, as well as any additional work orders and projects, standard operating procedures the role offers a clear and defined career path within the Critical Facilities Engineering team and limitless internal opportunities across the business.
An engineering excellence mindset, customer focus, collaborative and dedicated attitude will make you an ideal candidate for the team and we recruiting for a minimum of 2 roles.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs checks on-site to non-critical, facility components
- Monitors the Building Monitoring System (BMS) and responds timely to alarms according to standard operating procedures
- Assists more senior staff in higher facility repairs and corrective maintenance measures
- Operates plumbing, fire suppression, and safety systems, under the supervision of more senior technical staff
- Normally follows established procedures on routine work, requires instructions only on new assignments and participates in the 24 by 7 Shift Roster in line with Equinix Policy as part of the Critical Facilities Team
- Coordinates with vendors to ensure maintenance activities are carried out as per Equinix’s requirements
- Supports the work order approval process for service providers on routine maintenance work, for tracking: briefing at the start of work, work during the day workday/shift and final review of the work carried out
- Ensures vendor maintenance activities are carried out as per Equinix’s standard operating procedures
Site Administration & Incident Support
- Performs semi-routine site logs for permits, such as Maintenance Operation Protocol (MOPs) and scripts
- Uses acquired job skills in following operating procedures to support on-site administration
Work Orders & Additional Projects
- Completes semi-routine work requests and circuit installations
- Follows established procedures with troubleshooting and maintaining office equipment (if necessary); supports auxiliary equipment and machines
- Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronic Degree or Trade Certificate
- Ability and willingness to work within a 24/7 roster, and attain and maintain NV1 Security Clearance
Benefits of the role:
- 5 weeks annual leave, + Equinix and Wellness days throughout the year
- Full training, support and development from senior engineering staff
- Salary package including health care or health allowance, annual bonus and review
- Limitless career advancement opportunities within our Operations and wider teams at Equinix
We are looking to interview immediately for the role and encourage applicants from varied engineering related backgrounds. The start date will be available from March and the successful applicant will undergo all training and onboarding prior to the arrival of our customer from June.
Equinix is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals, including those with a disability. If you are a qualified candidate and need assistance or an accommodation, please let us know by completing .
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and, in the U.S., an Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to unlawful consideration of race, color, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, sex, pregnancy / childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic partnership status, age, veteran or military status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, political / organizational affiliation, status as a victim or family member of a victim of crime or abuse, or any other status protected by applicable law.
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Data Center Critical Facilities Engineer III Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Data Center Critical Facilities Engineer III Vacancies in Australia.