Job Position: DAIRY AGRICULTURAL TECHNICIAN
Company: Global Skilled Employment Services
Location: Latrobe, TAS – Korumburra, VIC
DAIRY AGRICULTURAL TECHNICIAN Job Details:
On behalf of our client, Global Skilled Employment Services is looking for a skilled and experienced Agriculture Technician / AI Technician who have strong communication skills, self-motivated and must have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
Major duties includes:
- Artificially inseminate livestock for breeding purposes
- Use understanding of animal anatomy to watch for optimum insemination conditions
- Provide advice on breeding selection and techniques
- Maintaining and evaluating records of all insemination history
- Clean all equipment to ensure sanitary breeding practices
- Vaccinate animals when needed
- Handle animals humanely
- Store semen to perform the insemination
- Follows proper safety protocols when handling hazardous materials, such as liquid nitrogen
- Physically observe and inspect all animals and Identify harmful pathogenic micro-organisms, insects, parasites, or fungal infection and perform the proper treatment and controlling methods,
- When working with livestock, adhere to Animal Welfare and Qualify Codes.
- Observation for the wellbeing of animals
- Organizing the movement of the animals for breeding purpose.
- Report regularly and punctually to the operations manager on the breeding activity of the farm
- Work effectively as a member of a team to achieve pre-determined team goals.
- Attend and participate in site and section head meetings, which may be arranged from time to time by the operations manager.
- Ensure that the company’s obligations under the current legislation are observed and that quality training and work activities are conducted in a safe and responsible manner.
- Maintain the Farm facilities and associated equipment in a clean and tidy condition.
- Observe all requirements for confidentiality of company information and the privacy requirements of individuals as enacted by legislation such as the Privacy Act.
- Observe all company biosecurity requirements
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation, statutes and government guidelines.
- Promote the good standing of the company in the local and wider community by the adoption of a professional, sympathetic and co-operative approach when dealing with others.
- Undertake any other duties or specific tasks that may be nominated by the assistant or operations manager from time to time.
- This is a full-time position which may involve weekend work and some unplanned hours of work where the need arises.
Other required skills:
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Advance knowledge in animal husbandry, animal welfare and legislation, dairy production, and OH&S;