Job Position: CNC Machinist
Location: Lloydminster, SK
CNC Machinist Job Details:
Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger – a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other’s successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Weatherford is hiring a Machinist for our Lloydminster Saskatchewan facility. This is a hands on, rewarding role for our facility that manufactures and services above ground pumping units. You’ll be working within a supportive, inclusive team in a fast-paced, progressive environment. Weatherford provides training, excellent benefits and fantastic career progression.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
- Primarily CNC work. Building parts and pump units in the O&G industry
- Milling/Lathe Machine Operator
- Good knowledge of Conventional / CNC machines and processes
- Good knowledge of measuring tools / materials and tooling
- Assembling of products
- Understanding Technical Drawings
- Fabricate and modify tools and equipment.
- Operate metalworking machine tools, such as lathe, milling machine, shaper, or grinder to machine parts to specifications.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications.
- Install repaired parts into equipment and operate equipment to verify operational efficiency.
- Clean, lubricate, and maintain machines, tools, and equipment to remove grease, rust, stains, and foreign matter.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities within product line as assigned by supervisor.
- 5+ years direct CNC experience
- Knowledge of operating, CNC lathe-mill, hollow spindle lathe, rotary drill press and various hand tools such as grinders, debur, etc.
- Read basic measuring tools
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to drive/operate loader and forklift
- Must be willing to work overtime
- Must be willing to participate in on-call rotation
- Journeyman Machinist
- Experience as a Pumping Units Service Technician
- Overhead crane experience preferred
- Pumping unit fabrication and repair experience preferred