Job title: Biomedical Tech I – Oak Park, IL
Location: Oak Park, IL
Biomedical Tech I – Oak Park, IL Job Details:
If you are wondering what makes TRIMEDX different, it’s that all of our associates share in a common purpose of serving clients, patients, communities, and each other with equal measures of care and performance.
- Everyone is focused on serving the customer and we do that by collaborating and supporting each other
- Associates look forward to coming to work each day
- Every associate matters and makes a difference
It is truly a culture like no other — We hope you will join our team! Find out more about the available position below.
The Biomedical Equipment Technician I (BMET I) provides clinical equipment services under the close supervision of TriMedx management. Duties include, but are not limited to, validation and inspection of clinical equipment for completeness, mechanical and electrical safety, and proper operation. The individual also performs planned maintenance inspections, calibrations, and repairs of general biomedical equipment. The BMET I assists other technicians in the troubleshooting and major repair of complex equipment. The individual demonstrates adherence to the TriMedx core values in all professional interactions by showing respect to all people, creating real value, initiating meaningful change, and exhibiting integrity.
Technical Service – 40%
- Perform performance assurance (PA) inspections, scheduled maintenance, electrical safety inspections (ESI), and operation verification procedures (OVP) on general biomedical equipment
- Repair, install, and calibrate general biomedical equipment
- Inform supervisors of the status of repairs, scheduled inspections, unusual equipment situations, and any customer concerns
- Work with, direct, and document the activities of subcontractors, vendors, and outside service technicians to ensure proper service delivery
- Maintain biomedical expertise through ongoing training and education
- Assist with Service Operations Special Projects as assigned
Regulatory Compliance – 25%
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the equipment database to include the inventory, performance assurance (PA) schedules, nomenclature, and service history
- Adhere to the Medical Equipment Management Plan (MEMP), including all regulatory agency compliances and other applicable policies and procedures
- Responsible for ensuring all service and documentation is complete, timely, and accurate
Account Relationship Management – 25%
- Build and maintain customer relationships
- Discuss equipment status and functionality with clinicians
- Adheres to the Mission, Vision, and Values of the organization(s) served.
- Provide a positive representation of TriMedx services by integrating the core values into job performance
Inventory – 10 %
- Perform periodic inspections of current inventory status
- Verify the completion of security analysis for new customer equipment
- Performs Incoming Inspections (II) to maintain a complete and accurate inventory of medical devices, including trial and evaluation, rental, and loaner equipment in addition to permanently assigned equipment inventory.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the equipment database to include inventory, performance assurance (PA) schedules, nomenclature, and service history
- Make recommendations regarding inventory
All other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
- Complex computer skills including the ability to interpret error codes, defragment hard-drives, replace power supplies, and interpret computer codes required
- Ability to integrate information from a variety of sources
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Education and Qualifications
- Associates degree in a technical/electronics field or equivalent military experience or two years of equivalent experience.
- 3 months experience working with biomedical equipment in a clinical engineering environment preferred
- Valid driver’s license required; variable travel requirements depending on primary site that may require use of personal vehicle
At TRIMEDX, we support and protect a culture where diversity, equity and inclusion are the foundation. We know it is our uniqueness and experiences that make a difference, drive innovation and create shared success. We create an inclusive workplace by actively seeking diversity, creating inclusion and driving equity and engagement.
We embrace people’s differences which include age, race, color, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, education, genetics, veteran status, disability, religion, beliefs, opinions and life experiences.
Visit our to view our full Diversity, Equity and Inclusion statement, along with our social channels to see what our team is up to: , , .
TRIMEDX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug-Free Workplace.
Because we are committed to providing a safe and productive work environment, TRIMEDX is a drug-free workplace. Accordingly, Associates are prohibited from engaging in the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of any controlled substance or marijuana, or otherwise being under the influence thereof, on all TRIMEDX and Customer property or during working/on-call hours.
Apply for the job now!