Job Position: Baker – Full time Over nights
Company: COBS Bread
Location: Vaughan, ON
Baker – Full time Over nights Job Details:
Share in something more with a career at COBS Bread
Great Place to Work® Certified™
When you work with COBS Bread, you’re part of a workplace that is committed to providing you with an experience that will help you rise to any occasion. We’re here to encourage you to grow, connect with your community, have fun with your team, and to share in something more. We’ve got exciting plans in place for you as a passionate, inquisitive and eager team player who wants to make an impact.
Your Role as Baker
As a Baker at COBS Bread you will lead our freshness commitment. Bakers start their days with an empty bakery but when they leave-it’s filled with the artisan bread and delicious treats for the community to enjoy. Right now, we are looking for personable Bakers to share their love of fresh bread with our loyal customers. No experience necessary- just the right attitude and a willingness to learn.
What Your Day Looks Like
- Work as part of a small team to bake each morning, following carefully crafted recipes
- Work alongside your team to keep the bakery clean, and contribute to a great customer experience
- Be responsible for reading production schedules and recipes, measuring and mixing ingredients, moulding and shaping dough, and processing everything through the ovens
Why You Were Bread for This
- You are an early riser who can work independently or as part of a small team
- You have pride in what COBS offers the community
- You have a great attitude and good organizational skills
- You share in a commitment to the success of your team, the bakery, and to your own development
- Continuous standing/walking for all tasks
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 22 kg
- Frequent turning and reaching
- Occasional pushing, pulling and some forward bending
- Ability to lift at least 2.5 kg to a height of 1.7 meters
- Constant use of both hands, with frequent wrist rotation and flexing, occasional forceful gripping
Perks & What You’ll Feel Good About
- The satisfaction of baking from scratch, and pride in sharing that product with the community.
- A fun team work environment with flexible hours
- Our training program – Continue to develop your baking and leadership skills through our Bronze and Silver baker Development Qualification program.
- Career advancement opportunities – We have a stake in helping passionate team members grow and have more impact in the business and community.
- Complimentary products on us every shift
- And more, including benefits for all full time employees
While we thank you for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
About COBS Bread
With over 130 locations, COBS Bread serves fresh and delightful baked goods to communities across Canada every day. Any unsold items are donated daily to various local charities and food banks. The company’s success can be attributed to the quality of our product, the development of our people, and our warm and friendly customer service.
COBS Bread is part of Bakers Delight – Established in 1980 operating as Bakers Delight in Australia and New Zealand, and since 2003 as COBS Bread in Canada and the USA. Together we have grown to more than 700 bakeries across Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the USA. The entire network employs over 15,000 people, serving more than 2.1 million customers each week.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.