Job title: SY23-24 School Psychologist
Location: Washington DC
SY23-24 School Psychologist Job Details:
In anticipation of having open positions for school year 2023-2024, we are accepting applications for a School Psychologist who is passionate about supporting students and staff in a bilingual environment. Our staff exhibit enthusiasm, a caring attitude, and a love of learning. Come join us!
LAMB offers a unique model that provides bilingual Montessori public education to diverse, urban families in the nation’s capital. Serving children in PK3 through 5th grade, LAMB is a community that is committed to children and promotes peace and equality for all.
The school psychologist is committed to providing its students the support services they need in order to develop and grow. The school psychologist views wellness as a critical element of the overall success and achievement of our students. The psychologist performs a variety of duties involved in the testing, diagnosis and administration of remedial treatments to students with special needs. As part of the Special Education team, the psychologist works to connect LAMB students, teachers, and families to help all our students succeed. If you have experience with students in grades PK3 through 5th grade, apply today!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts evaluations and re-evaluations for students as requested or warranted
- Acts as an interdisciplinary team member in the special education eligibility process
- Articulates test results to parents and team members in clear, understandable language attending to cultural sensitivity
- Delivers group and individual therapy sessions as indicated on student IEPs
- Maintains progress notes as required by regulations
- Keeps abreast of advances in diagnostic and assessment materials
- Maintains compliant IEPs, including contact logs and reports progress accordingly to parents and team members
- Acts as an interdisciplinary team member in the special education eligibility process, administering IQ, personality, and achievement tests as needed
- Intervenes directly with counseling services for students and families
- Consults with teachers, parents, and school personnel about learning, social and behavior problems
- Teaches lessons on parenting skills, learning strategies, substance abuse, and other topics pertinent to healthy schools
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in School Psychology, Educational or Clinical Psychology from an accredited institution, to include forty-two (42) semester hours of graduate level coursework and five hundred (500) clock hours of satisfactory field experience in a PreK through 12 school setting under the supervision of a certified school psychologist
- Certification as a School Psychologist by the District of Columbia Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE)
- Bilingual – Spanish/English (Preferred)
- At least two years of experience as an elementary school psychologist (Preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds
- Open to becoming familiar with Montessori philosophy and method of education
- Experience working with a multidisciplinary team (e.g. general education teachers, special education teachers, occupational therapist, speech and language pathologist)
- Able to maintain confidentiality and sensitivity to parent, staff, and student needs and information
- Experience with Google Workspace
- Meet health requirements, including immunizations and TB screening
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Special Education Manager
Schedule: 10-month full-time position
Salary is commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package includes medical insurance (health, dental, & vision), retirement plan, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending account (medical, dependent care, and transit), and vacation/sick leave.
For more information about LAMB and to apply for this position, please visit the careers page of our website at .
Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications for the position will be considered. Successful completion of a background investigation is required for employment in this position. LAMB welcomes resumes from all qualified applicants. No phone calls and no employment agencies, please.
The Latin American Montessori Bilingual Public Charter School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs and activities.
Powered by JazzHR
Apply for the job now!