Job title: Machine Operator
Location: Malvern, AR
Machine Operator Job Details:
Pactiv Evergreen is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are subject to a drug test (excluding THC*/marijuana/cannabis) and background check at the time of offer.
*THC testing ONLY when such testing is required by law.
Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
46 miles south west of Little Rock, Malvern is a city in and the county seat of Hot Spring County, Arkansas. Founded as a railroad stop at the eastern edge of the Ouachita Mountains, the community’s history and economy have been tied to available agricultural and mineral resources.
This plant’s manufacturing dates back to the 1920’s. From 1928-1964, they were the International Shoe Company which produced textile goods. In 1964 the plant was sold to Hot Spring County and from 1966-1971 the County leased plant to Curtis Mathes Company of AR where it was used to assemble televisions. From 1971-1975, the Plant was leased to International Technovation (Intech.), where it manufactured foam products (Egg Cartons/Trays). Then in 1975-1980, the Plant was leased to Western Foam Pak where it manufactured foam products. From 1980-1996, the plant operated under the name of Amoco Foam Products and was purchased by Western Foam Pak. The plant was purchased by Tenneco Packaging in 1996. Pactiv then seperated from Tenneco Packaging in 1999. Currently the facility manufactures protein trays and pads, with approxinately 350 employees.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847) 482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws.
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
- Independently run a manufacturing production line
- Run a line at standard speed, meetings quality, efficiency, and downtime standards
- Understand and follow operator standard work for work cells
- Maintain a clean work area throughout the shift, removing scrap from line for grinding in designated area
- Follow 6S guidelines
- Adhere to all safety guidelines and wear PPE
- Assist with new operator training
- Provide relief to other members of team as necessary
- Complete quality checks of foam trays according to Standard Operating Procedures
- 3 – 5 years in manufacturing experience
- Possess good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Computer skills, Work and Excel preferred
- Ability to make decision in a high volume environment
- Fosters an environment of teamwork, creativity and empowerment
Pactiv Evergreen employees are subject to post-hire drug and alcohol testing in accordance with company policies.
Apply for the job now!