Job Position: Carpenter Jobs in UK
Location: Wiltshire BA1 1GQ England
Employment type: Full Time
Salary: £30,000 – £33,000 a year
Sovereign is a leading housing association, driven by our social purpose where our residents are at the heart of everything we do – more homes, better places, excellent services. Providing an efficient ‘right first time’ repairs and maintenance services to our properties is our key focus.
We’re currently recruiting for an experienced/qualified Carpenter to join our Property Team in the Wiltshire area. As you’ll spend a fair amount of time on the road we will provide you with a van and fuel card so you’ll not be out of pocket.
Carpenter Jobs Benefit:
- £335 yearly Tool Allowance
- £450 yearly flexible benefits pot to use against benefits of your choice
- Uniform & PPE
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays (with an extra day every year up to 30 days)
- Chance to buy or sell holiday as part of our flexible benefits package
- A van and fuel card for business travel
- iPhone and iPad
- Generous company pension scheme matched up to 12%
- Life cover 4 x annual salary
- SmartTech – Buy an electrical item and pay it off through your salary over 12 months.
What you’ll do:
As a Carpenter, you will carry out all forms of carpentry repairs in our properties as part of our Responsive Repairs Team and elsewhere depending on demands.
- 1st fix and 2nd fix carpentry
- Install windows, doors, and door frames – Internal and external.
- UPVC servicing and installation
- Locksmithing and gaining entry via lock snapping, drilling, and picking.
- All types of fencing, posts, feather edge, chain link, and panels.
- Kitchen fitting, kitchen building, and minor joinery.
What you’ll need:
You should have experience within a similar role, ideally from within a Residential/Housing sector, and must be qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 2 OR have a minimum of 5 years proven track record working in carpentry.
This is a full time role, working 40 Hours per week.
Due to the requirement to travel, you must hold a full and current driving licence with a minimum of 2 years experience and have the ability to drive and take home a company van.
This role is subject to a satisfactory licence check, essential qualifications check, and a basic disclosure.