Job title: Wastewater Operator
Company: Polar Service Centers
Location: Haughton, LA
Wastewater Operator Job Details:
We are currently hiring a Wastewater Operator. The Wastewater Operator is responsible for keeping the facility in compliance with the discharge permit and assisting the Facility Manager with residual management and chemical inventory.
- Maintain Hazard Communication compliance in tank wash and treatment areas.
- Treat water daily to ensure adequate capacity for tank wash and customer water.
- Keep treatment area clean and neat at all times and monitor sludge accumulation in all storage tanks.
- Maintain accurate manifests files on all customers and work with Customer Service
- Coordinator to ensure the bill is accurate.
- Monitors what is running through wastewater and pinpoints problems through the waste program.
- Ensure compliance by meeting permit requirements and complying with all city, state, and federal regulations.
- Handle hazardous waste to include storage and manifests as required
- Maintain annual RCRA training requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience treating wastewater required
- Have and maintain a state Wastewater Operator license pending state requirements
- Ability to lift a minimum of 75 pounds
Join a growing company that offers a competitive starting wage, excellent benefits, and growth opportunities! A company that prides itself on promotion from within and offers competitive salaries along with a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Partially employer-paid medical/dental/vision insurance
- 401k, Roth / Traditional
- 100% employer-paid short-term and long-term disability
- 100% employer-paid group term life insurance up to 1.25x your annual salary
- Option to purchase voluntary life insurance for self, spouse, and dependents
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- 9 paid holidays.
Quala is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V encouraged to apply. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check and physical exam. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Apply for the job now!