Job title: Transportation Engineer Internship – CD0006
Company: Felsburg Holt & Ullevig
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Transportation Engineer Internship – CD0006 Job Details:
FHU’s core values form the basis of our internship program, which provides valuable hands-on experience before your career begins. Students have opportunities to join FHU and cultivate professional skills in a dynamic environment that encourages personal development and career growth. During your internship, you will join a project team performing meaningful work under the guidance of highly qualified professionals.
FHU is currently looking for a summer intern to join us in our Sioux Falls, SD office working on transportation projects with opportunities to assist with the following:
- Field monitoring and data collection activities, which may include traffic count data collection, infrastructure condition surveys, and traffic operations evaluations.
- Technical analyses and written documentation as a part of teams working on projects. Projects may include traffic impact studies, corridor studies, transportation safety analyses, bicycle and pedestrian plans, area-wide transportation plans, and traffic design tasks
- Roadway design tasks utilizing CADD software. This work may include addressing red lines, producing plan sets, developing quantities and detailed cost estimates
- Research into various transportation design, operations and planning topics
- Client contact and participation in presentations in a supporting role
- Undergraduate or Graduate student in Civil Engineering
- Field work experience preferred
- Strong computer skills
- Strong mathematics, verbal and written communication skills
- Available for 3-month time frame
- Previous coursework in transportation field
- Working knowledge of and interest in roadway design, transportation operations and planning
- Valid drivers license
Salary for this position is $22.00 per hour.
Apply for the job now!