Job title: Transaction Monitoring Compliance Specialist, Cash App
Location: San Francisco, CA
Transaction Monitoring Compliance Specialist, Cash App Job Details:
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay/Clearpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at
The Transaction Monitoring Investigations team at Cash App actively monitors for potential money laundering, fraud, and other suspicious activity across the Cash App platform involving fiat. Cash App is looking for a Transaction Compliance Specialist to perform ongoing Anti-Money Laundering (AML) transaction monitoring to ensure compliance with our regulatory, payment network, and partnership requirements.
You will support the Investigations Team by reviewing a high volume of transaction activity across the Cash App platform. You will report to the Transactions Monitoring Investigations Lead to ensure completion of a high volume of daily alert reviews.
- Monitor and act upon Cash App compliance-related fiat currency queue alerts, including reviewing possible suspicious activity and activity that violates Cash App’s rules.
- Use detective-like mentality to investigate and escalate potentially suspicious activity across all AML typologies across the Cash App platform.
- Verify customer and counterparty information and conduct reviews for AML/BSA purposes.
- Periodically perform above-the-line and below-the-line sampling to enhance the effectiveness of our transaction monitoring queues.
- Occasionally attend compliance-related seminars to stay abreast of changes within the compliance industry.
- 1+ years of experience in transaction monitoring/BSA/AML or fraud/risk related work preferably in a financial institution or fintech company
- Knowledge of BSA/AML regulations, risks, and typologies
- Excellent written communication skills that demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adjust quickly
- Experience with international workflows and investigations
- Relevant industry certifications (CAMS, CFC, CRC)
- Experience with SQL and/or Snowflake
- Experience reviewing Bitcoin or other crypto related transactions
- A self starter who can manage projects and tasks end to end with minimal supervision, providing regular updates to management
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $41.30 – USD $50.43
Zone B: USD $38.37 – USD $46.92
Zone C: USD $35.10 – USD $42.88
Zone D: USD $30.96 – USD $37.88
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this . If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block’s policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block’s equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our .
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
Apply for the job now!