Job Position: Support Worker – Home Help (Domestic Assistance)
Expected salary: $29.71 per hour
Location: Waikiki, WA
Support Worker – Home Help (Domestic Assistance) Job Details:
- Great work-life balance
- Part Time Permanent position;
- Hourly rate from $29.71
- Attractive salary packaging options (up to $15,900 per year tax-free) and an additional $2,650 for Meals and Entertainment
- Make a difference as a member of a passionate, collaborative team;
Chorus is a WA based organisation with close to 1000 staff and volunteers who support seniors, people on the mental health recovery journey and those living with disability. Our purpose is to enable people to live the life they choose at home and in the community. We have designed a structure that focuses less on management and hierarchy and more on the things that matter – relationships, customers, and communities! Our network of small local teams enables Chorus people to be more connected to each other and feel a sense of belonging.
About the role
We are currently looking for a Support Worker Home Help to join our team. This role is based in Waikiki and surrounding areas. The purpose of this role is to connect customers with their local team. At Chorus, all team members have a role to play in directly supporting customers. This ensures that we keep the customer at the centre of everything we do.
This is what you will need:
- Previous experience working with seniors and those living with disability is desirable but not essential
- Great communication skills which you will use to interact with a diverse range of customers, their families, carers, community agencies, and other professionals
- Enthusiastic and engaging with customers
- Understanding of professional boundaries and privacy and confidentiality issues
- Willing and able to provide domestic assistance services
- Willing and able to work across other services (this may include Gardening, social support and group activities)
- Willing to work with a varied customer base
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Good written communication, computer & mobile device skills
- A proactive approach to the safety and well being of yourself and your customers
- A NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Current Western Australian Drivers Licence
- Your own vehicle
- Rights to work in Australia
- Current First Aid Certificate with 12 months or less currency (or willing to apply)
How to Apply:
Please submit your application online and include your current resumé.
Shortlisting will commence immediately
Chorus isan equal opportunity employer. Applicants from a variety of cultural and linguistic origins, as well as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTQIA+ persons, and those with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Support Worker – Home Help (Domestic Assistance) Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Support Worker – Home Help (Domestic Assistance) Vacancies in Australia.