Job title: Shipping/Industrial Forklift Operator
Company: Valmont Industries
Location: Lindon, UT
Shipping/Industrial Forklift Operator Job Details:
1085 West 400 North Lindon Utah 84042-1102
We’re Here to Move the World Forward.
Valmont impacts millions of people around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to make life better.
Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
A Brief Summary of This Position
This is an individual contributor position responsible for receiving, unloading, and storing incoming product loads and inspecting finished products for damage and defects. The incumbent will operate equipment used to move material including forklifts. They will be responsible for identifying material and product being loaded and unloaded. The incumbent will create tags for products being unloaded, which may involve taking notes and pictures and entering that information into the computer. Incumbent will be responsible for inspecting galvanized product to ensure a high quality finished product and making recommendations to resolve any damage or defects found in products. Interact with customers and truck drivers, coordinating special handling as a result of an inspection, general plant housekeeping, and work safely with the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Valmont offers employees and their families a comprehensive Total Well-being benefit package to ensure their individual and family’s overall wellness needs are met.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Retirement plans
- Dependent care
- Employee assistance programs
- Voluntary programs like tobacco cessation, Type 2 diabetes reversal, mortgage services, home & auto insurance, health coaching and more.
- Operate forklifts with the capacity to move up to 22,000 lbs of material on and off of flatbed trailers.
- Communicating potential problems or needs with material to the Lead or Supervisor
- Inspect incoming material for proper venting and hanging
- Inspect galvanized material to ensure it meets the quality standards, reject material that does not meet quality standards, and coordinate special handling for this material
- Read tags, bills of lading, and shipping and receiving papers
- Create tags on incoming product with details including piece count and finished product packaging
- Move pieces of steel and other material up to 50 pounds by hand from different locations in the plant and yard
- Operate small hand tools including tape measures, micrometers, saws, drills, riveters, and nail guns
- This position reports into Shipping/Receiving Supervisor
Important Details about the Role
- Operate computer to enter product information
- Assist in creating the production schedule
- Assist in general plant clean up and housekeeping
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Stand 90% of a shift and work outside in extreme weather conditions
- Communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- High awareness for safety
- The ability to work one (1) to two (2) shifts of overtime per week
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- No Degree. 0-1 years relevant experience
- Ability to work with wood and small hand tools such as tape measures, saws, drills, riveters, and nail guns
- Ability to operate forklifts
- Ability to inspect to ensure that products meet quality standards
- Ability to bundle, crate, box, and wrap products to be shipped
- Ability to load a truck
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds frequently throughout a shift
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- One (1) year experience operating a forklift in a professional environment
- One year experience in a Shipping/Receiving or Distribution position
Shipping/Receiving Material Handler will be operating equipment including forklifts and / or shag trucks approximately 85% of the shift. This requires continuous in and out of the equipment including standing, walking, bending, kneeling, squatting, climbing, twisting, and turning to inspect and correct material loads. The other 15% will be spent walking and moving around product loads to create tags, inspect the quality of finished products, and entering data into the computer.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Apply for the job now!