Job title: Senior Copywriter, Executive Engagement (Hybrid)
Expected salary: $67680 – 134420 per year
Location: Baltimore, MD
Senior Copywriter, Executive Engagement (Hybrid) Job Details:
Resp & Qualifications
The Senior Copywriter’s primary function is to lead the creation of content for a variety of marketing and communications efforts for executive leadership. The Sr. Copywriter is expertly proficient in multiple writing styles and champions brand consistency in voice, and tone across customer touchpoints and experiences.
Copywriting & Content Development
- Responsible for concepting, writing, editing and proofing a variety of marketing communications for print, web, social, digital, video and other formats. Develops clear, concise, and tailored copy for leadership with a keen attention to detail; applying principles and practices of public relations and strategic communications; developing content for a range of platforms, including websites, social media, and videos. Works as a team with web/print designers, strategists, project managers and others to develop marketing campaigns and communications. Edits the content of junior staff for consistency and accuracy. Shares knowledge and skills with team, mentoring and/or training others.
Strategy & Consultation
- Collaborates with Marketing team members in support of corporate initiatives, including attending project meetings, providing strategic insight, presenting an overview of initiatives to other associates and ensuring all commitments are met. Assists in the creation and execution of integrated, strategic, creative communication plans for company-wide and cross-functional initiatives. Fulfills HR, legal, compliance and other administrative responsibilities, requirements and training associated with role and level. Improves knowledge and skills by participating in relevant job-related training; maintaining awareness of industry best practices and trends.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Journalism or related field OR in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.
Experience: 5 years Copywriting experience with a portfolio or work examples that demonstrates a proficiency in creating compelling marketing content for a wide variety of media and audiences.
- Experience writing for healthcare and/or government-regulated products, services, and industries.
- Health insurance experience with a good understanding of health care trends.
- Ability to write and edit speeches and talking points for our executives for high profile events.
- Comfort leading strategic communications plans by crafting a cohesive message in line with executive voices.
- Experience writing for senior leaders to include executive or elected officials in the public sector.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Proven ability to write with varying tone and the ability to translate technical and industry jargon into copy that is understandable and engaging to the reader.
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks simultaneously, sometimes under pressure and often with tight deadlines.
- Professional, organized, resourceful, and enthusiastic with a team player mentality; equally capable of working independently and self-sufficiently.
- Capture the executive voice in remarks, speeches, presentations, and other written material.
- Writes and/or evaluates preliminary drafts and offers suggestions to executive leadership.
- Hands-on experience with the Microsoft Office suite of business applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, etc.).
- Understanding of ADA and 508 accessibility standards with the ability to create content that meets WC3 requirements.
- Ability to establish strong relationships across departments and with people at all levels, an understanding of client needs, the consumer experience, marketing strategy and operational capabilities.
- Ability to balance the day-to-day requests of both internal and external clients ensuring all timelines and requirements are consistently achieved.
- Broad and thorough knowledge of best practices in communication, marketing, advertising and brand management.
Salary Range: $67,680 – $134,420
Salary Range Disclaimer
Salary will be based on education, location, experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, CareFirst offers benefits such as a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements).
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply:
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
Not finding the right job?
Stay informed about future openings by joining one of our Talent Networks!
Frequent Job Searches
Recently Viewed Jobs
Most Recent Job Searches
Apply for the job now!