Job Position: Registered Practical Nurse – Perioperative
Company: Trillium Health Partners
Location: Mississauga, ON
Registered Practical Nurse – Perioperative Job Details:
REPOST CUPE POSTING
Position: Registered Practical Nurse – Perioperative
Dept: Operating Room
Posting ID: 2023-35838
Status: Permanent Full Time (x4)
Role Level: CUPE (CUPE 10) – $33.966 – $36.235 per hour
Dept/Health System: Operating Room – Mississauga Hospital
Hours of Work/Shift: 8 hour shifts – Available to work all shifts as required – Days, Evenings, Nights, & Weekends
Posted: December 19, 2023
Internal Deadline: December 26, 2023
Trillium Health Partners (THP) is one of the largest community-based acute care facilities in Canada. Comprised of the Credit Valley Hospital, the Mississauga Hospital and the Queensway Health Centre, Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities and is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Our Mission: A New Kind of Health Care for a Healthier Community
Our Values: Compassion, Excellence, Courage
Our Goals: Quality, Access, Sustainability
Our Enablers: People, Education, Innovation, Research
- Performs a variety of duties in the operating theatre to assist the surgical team, in accordance with the standards set by the Health Centre
- Performs added nursing skills as identified and approved by the nursing advisory committee
- Primary role is to perform as the scrub nurse for surgical procedures
- Works in compliance with Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Current Registered Practical Nursing registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- A post-graduate operating room course from approved college required
- Minimum 1-3 years current O.R. experience required
- ORT designation required
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Positive work and attendance record is essential
- Frequent walking, standing, reaching, stooping and bending
- Occasional/frequent lifting up to approx. 15 kg
- Occasional pushing and pulling up to 17 kg
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website:
Trillium Health Partners’ (THP) is an equal opportunity employer who values the importance of antiracism work and is committed to integrating antiracism, diversity, equity and inclusion best practices throughout THP operations, policies and culture. Therefore, we ask that even if you do not see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on this posting, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that candidates from underrepresented groups often only apply when they feel 100% qualified. We encourage all applicants who are members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the Ontario Human Rights Code based on race, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nations, Métis or Inuk/Inuit person to consider this opportunity.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Registered Practical Nurse – Perioperative Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Registered Practical Nurse – Perioperative Vacancies in Canada.