Job title: Purchased Product Engineer-Electrical Products – copy
Location: Overland Park, KS
Purchased Product Engineer-Electrical Products – copy Job Details:
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
Purchased Product Engineer
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address critical challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, productivity, global urbanization and energy. With approximately 129,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, Honeywell has an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything they make and do. Honeywell has been named a Top 100 Global Innovator for seven years in a row, recognizing the company’s global reach of portfolio and invention influence.
In Kansas City, Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies (FM&T) manages and operates the U.S. Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security Administration’s (NNSA) Kansas City National Security Campus. This state-of-the-art engineering, manufacturing, and sourcing facility produces a wide array of intricate components to deliver trusted national security products and government services primarily for the NNSA. Honeywell FM&T’s culture of integrity, commitment and continuous improvement enables them to deliver responsive, collaborative, and innovative management and technology services and products that translate into cutting edge solutions to complex national security issues.
This position is for an ABET-accredited Engineer in our Electrical Purchased Product Engineering organization. The
exact engineering job title awarded to selected candidates will be aligned to the applicant’s educational degree and
relevant years of experience. This requisition will be filling multiple openings across the business unit in the following
areas: commercial electronic parts, custom electronic parts, circuit boards, and flex circuits. Additional duties and
- Development, qualification and steady-state production efforts of various purchased components and assemblies for
current, emerging and legacy programs at the Kansas City National Security Campus * Actively manages supply base and fosters positive relationships with suppliers.
- Responsible for supplier performance and improvement opportunities to ensure timely and quality delivery.
- Regularly assess supply base capability and capacity and addresses sourcing risks
- Interacts with design agencies, suppliers and internal organizations to assist in resolving design, development,
production and acceptance issues * Assists in the preparation of product or project definitions, manufacturing drawings and specifications, and test
equipment designs * Identifies and executes continuous improvement opportunities and defect preventions throughout the lifecycle of the
product. * Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding technological advances, product changes, test equipment,
procedures and manufacturing or operating processes that improve productivity and quality, reduce flowtime, and
enhance operational surety. * Development of test procedures and engineering evaluation, tests, product and process capability studies, quality
audits, product or project data review * Defining and acquiring tooling, gaging and other equipment necessary to manufacture parts and to assure product
quality * Willingness to travel up to 25%
YOU MUST HAVE
- U.S citizenship required in order to obtain and maintain U.S. Department of Energy “Q” level security clearance
- Bachelor of Science degree from an ABET accredited engineering program in one of the following disciplines–
Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Aerospace or Industrial engineering, Materials Science, or Physics. Electrical Engineering is the most relevant/applicable to this Product Engineering organization
- Two (2) or more years of experience in engineering development and/or manufacturing, including readiness of new designs.
- Currently active government sponsored security clearance
- Advanced degree in engineering or engineering management
- Experience interacting with and presenting to multiple levels of technical stakeholders, customers, vendors and suppliers
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills
- Knowledge and results of continuous improvement methodologies including Six Sigma
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment to include GD&T, product inspection/test
- Proven ability in decision making and organization, planning and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, with latitude for independent action and decision making
- Good people skills, ability to motivate teams to produce on-target and timely results
- Ability to plan and organize, demonstrate excellent time management and support several projects simultaneously
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Overland Park, KS USA
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell FM&T Overview
Apply for the job now!