Job title: Photographer/Graphic Designer
Company: Ukpeagvik Inupiat Corporation
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Photographer/Graphic Designer Job Details:
Photographer/Graphic Designer (2023-19184-F)
Bowhead seeks a Photographer/Graphic Designer to plan and organize the overall technical photographic coverage for a variety of events and developments and improvises photographic methods and techniques or selects and alters secondary photographic features (e.g. scenes, backgrounds, colors, lighting). Uses imagination and creative ability to implement NGA objectives within the capabilities and limitations of cameras and equipment, may exercise limited control over the substance of events to be photographed by staging actions, suggesting behavior of the principals, and rehearsing activities before photographs are taken. Also, provide graphic design services. Create and deliver original products (designs) which utilize the art of communication, stylizing, and problem-solving through the use of type, space and image
- Provide high quality, professional digital photography to include, but not limited to both portrait and on-scene photography.
- On-scene photography can involve, but not limited to, accident investigations, building maintenance, events, award ceremonies, group photos, and photo-journalism.
- Proper caption writing techniques shall be required for all photographs.
- Load all photos into server with proper metadata tags and captions.
- Remove all metadata from photographs before images are approved for public release.
- Use of Nikon Digital camera systems and Adobe Creative Suite / Creative Cloud software on windows platform.
- Entering work order details to web based tracking system.
- Provide design and layout support, text processing, page mark-up, graphic scanning, large and small format printing, sign marking, engraving, mounting & laminating, and any other creative design support.
- All products shall be reviewed by the Graphic Design Lead to ensure there are no grammatical, typographical or compositional errors.
- Will design products for printing on digital presses and large format printers.
- Designs of products to include:
- Digital Signage / Web Graphics.
- Engravings: brass, glass, plastic, and wood.
- Handouts: Fact sheets, flyers, newsletters, tri-folds, pamphlets, programs, etc.
- Historical Displays and Exhibits.
- Miscellaneous: Cover Designs, logos, coins, etc.
- PowerPoint Visualizations.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in the career field of photography and graphic design.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must hold active a security clearance at the Top Secret level. Possessing an active Top Secret Clearance is preferred. US Citizenship is a requirement for a Secret clearance at this location
- Must be able to lift up to 5 to 10 pounds
- Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
- Must be able to twist, bend and squat periodically
Apply for the job now!