Job title: Millwright Mechanic
Expected salary: $29.71 per hour
Location: Blue Rapids, KS
Millwright Mechanic Job Details:
Our Georgia-Pacific Gypsum facility located in Blue Rapids, Kansas is seeking motivated and safety-oriented individuals to join our Maintenance team.
Position: Maintenance Millwright
Shift: This position will either be for 2 nd shift or 3 rd shift depending on our current openings.
2 nd shift – 3:00pm – 11:00pm
3 rd shift – 11:00pm – 7:00am
Compensation: Starting compensation starts at $29.71/hr and up depending on level of experience. We’re also offering a $1,000 sign on bonus!
Working Location: 2127 US Highway 77, Blue Rapids, KS 66411
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Performing periodic maintenance routines including lubricating machines and equipment for improved reliability and uptime.
- Working with operations associates to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Maintaining accurate maintenance logs including labor hours and critical preventative maintenance findings
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures and actively participating in the safety program
- Assisting in the development and implementation of reliability centered maintenance strategies
- Applying simple problem-solving methods such as 5Y to reduce and eliminate failures
- Working in a hot, humid, cold, dusty, and noisy industrial environment
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
The Experience You Will Bring
- A minimum of five (5) years of mechanical maintenance experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or military environment
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulics & pneumatics
- Experience with fabricating, torch cutting, and arc welding
- Experience with reading mechanical drawings, P&IDs and precision measurements
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, and conveyors, rollers, pulleys, and shafts
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associates degree or two (2) years of study from a technical college in the fields of Industrial Maintenance or Industrial Technology
- Trade Journeymen status in a related field preferred
- Ten (10) or more years of mechanical maintenance experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or military environment
Looking for a career with an organization that truly cares about your health, safety, and success? How about a career where you have opportunity for advancement, variable pay for performance, job stability and great co-workers and leadership? At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well.
The Millwright helps ensure the successful operation of the facility by resolving mechanical issues, recommending alternative repairs and equipment upgrades, identifying quality concerns, setting equipment in a precision state, and understanding the production threshold of the equipment.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here .
Who We Are
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength – focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes – medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Apply for the job now!