Job title: Mental Health Case Manager
Company: Vail Place
Expected salary: $46000 – 49500 per year
Location: Hopkins, MN
Mental Health Case Manager Job Details:
Do you feel passionately about providing culturally competent care? Do you want to work for a mission-driven agency that works together to create connection, opportunity, and purpose?
Vail Place is looking for a full-time Adult Mental Health Case Manager to provide services in our Targeted Case Management program. Our growing program assists individuals with a severe and persistent mental illness (SPMI) to get the supports needed to accomplish goals and find recovery from mental illness. Case Managers are responsible for providing assistance to people with severe and persistent mental illness, both voluntary and involuntary referrals, who are in need of support and services to maintain safety and stability in the community. This vital program area addresses their many needs to ensure continuity of care, referrals to needed resources, coordination and monitoring of services, discharge planning, housing support, and intensive goal planning.
Individuals who speak a second language, particularly Somali, Hmong, and/or Spanish, strongly encouraged to apply.
As a Vail Place Mental Health Case Manager, you would be responsible for:
- Engaging with a variety of individuals to build genuine, therapeutic, trusting relationships, being sensitive to people’s past experiences and trauma.
- Providing referrals and case coordination for individuals receiving services, including mental health, medical, financial, social, educational, vocational, housing, and legal services.
- Provide crisis assistance and intervention, including use of community crisis services.
- Complete all required documentation and administrative tasks, as mandated by federal and state guidelines, as well as internal performance standards.
- All other duties as outlined by the job description.
If you are passionate about supporting individuals with mental illness in a challenging and fast paced field, we want to meet you!
The ideal candidate is one who:
- Demonstrates empathy and sensitivity to peoples’ stories, past experiences, and trauma;
- Commits to professional and ethical excellence; and
- Embodies cultural competence and emotional intelligence.
- Available to work 40 hours per week to support our client base.
- BA or BS in human services or related area, OR BSW with valid and current Social Work licensure OR equivalent combination of education and experience as defined by
- One to two years’ experience in mental health or human services preferred.
- Must have and maintain a valid Minnesota Driver’s License, maintain automobile coverage and have access to an automobile.
- Must be willing and able to perform essential job functions through in-person, face to face contact as required, in accordance with health and safety guidelines.
Who Are We?
Vail Place is an innovative, award-winning mental health agency providing a wide range of services for adults with mental illness in the Twin Cities. For over 40 years we have worked alongside individuals to cultivate hope and inspire change to promote mental health recovery. Vail Place supports adults with mental illnesses by connecting them with the services and resources they need to find homes, jobs, friends, and a healthy lifestyle. Vail Place staff work in a person-centered way to help people to feel empowered and in charge to live meaningful and fulfilling lives.
“The people are wonderful! I believe in the mission and think Vail Place is aligned with my beliefs. Vail Place is the most supportive place I’ve ever worked.” – an employee
Staff work as a team in a professional, but informal, environment where they are supported, appreciated and well compensated. Our employees have voted us a Star Tribune Top 150 workplace for two years in a row, using words like collaborative, supportive, respectful and passionate to describe us!
This position face-to-face, in-person work in the community, typically in people’s homes or preferred environment Vail Place encourages each employee to employ social distancing and use of personal protective equipment as needed to maintain safety. Vail Place grounds are tobacco free to promote health and wellness for the individuals we serve and for our employees. Applicants will be required to perform in-person work in the Twin Cities on a regular basis and to have a working vehicle to perform duties.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI)
Vail Place is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We strive to have an anti-oppressive and anti-racist work environment. We embrace diversity, foster inclusion, and do our work through an equitable lens. Persons of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, other minorities, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Vail Place will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Salary and Benefits
Starting at $46,000 – $49,500 Depending on Qualifications . Full Benefits Package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, long term disability, matched 401K. Paid time off in Year 1 includes generous vacation & sick/safe time, plus 3 personal days and 13 paid holidays. Additional benefits include paid training & CEU opportunities, company-issued laptop and mobile phone for most roles, and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program to support employees and their families.
Apply for the job now!